• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PrimeGalactic Success Broken

PrimeGalactic

Over 300 free client accounts plus counting &,
over 10 paid client accounts my account with eleven2 reseller was terminated due to large numbers of DDOS attacks & a ever growing free & paid clientele database

Yesterday morning PrimeGalactic reached un staggering high volumes of DDOS and a large volume of paid and free clientele whom register to PrimeGalactic. After that happening CEO Rodney Giles of Eleven2 Co gave me a 24 hr notice to delete all accounts within 24 hours during those 24 hrs I was not available to salvage all accounts I was working during that time full time. By time I knew he & company completely destroyed PrimeGalactic with a 24hr notice. Eleven2 has not reply to me because they think I'm an abuser of their services. Also every single account was lost even mine and paid. Yes I feel mad, very mad for a stupid company that has been in business for a long time, I'm talking about eleven2 here.

----
To Paid Accounts: I have returned money in full to all
To Free Accounts: Idk what to say
To Every Account: Unexpected thing that happen, I cant say it was my fault it was eleven2 for not having enough resources or a security team.
----
My advice.
Don't go with eleven2, they have unlimited plans but they have a threshold in every plan this includes shared, reseller, dedicated and other. Don't waist your money here you will lose it.
----

----
A little advice.
No webhosting company does not have enough resources.
-----

---
Eleven2 S--ks A--
---

For FWS members I know what your response will be, so I'm open to hear you all :).

For positive reviews of Eleven2, dont talk or speak here I will give -Rep to those I lost money at Eleven2.

Couple things:

1) Wouldnt matter if you -rep, you disabled rep so the rep you give thats negative will have no effect.
2) If your host received the attack (PrimeGalactic), then why is that the fault of Eleven2?
3) Do you not make any backups of websites? While I can understand the free hosting people being stiffed, paid clientele expect more and should receive more.

I cannot see where any of this is the fault of Eleven2. From what I am reading it looks like since you got the attack from your clients, they tried to save themselves trouble on their servers (since it seems you got your resellers from them). Dont fault your provider with telling you to cut your clients since they were the prob. What they did was exactly what you would have dont to the culprit jeopardizing your hosting service.

Sorry Sain Cai but I'm the one whom lost money not you. You go ahead and protect Eleven2 or Webhosting Providers Assets. Like I said this was an unexpected thing happen yesterday I have job was not aware of that. Yes it is the provider fault in my opinion. A business or a person who works for a company will always protect it to gain a share or profit win or lose I lost here I lost a good amount of cash and large database of users at eleven2 not you. No I had no backup yet thinking that my relation as a customer with Eleven2 would have last for a long time but I was wrong.

Below I have included the abuse tickey.

jej.png

I still fail to see how it is your providers fault. They have to protect their servers much like you need to protect your clients.

Let me ask you this: Suppose you were online and were aware of what was going on with your service. What would you have done? I will wait until you answer that before I will post on that part. At least they gave you notice to remove the accounts. You certainly cannot expect them to bend just because you were working.

Regardless, please explain how this is the providers fault for what happened? Maybe I am just not understanding how an attack on your host is their fault.

I still fail to see how it is your providers fault. They have to protect their servers much like you need to protect your clients.

Let me ask you this: Suppose you were online and were aware of what was going on with your service. What would you have done? I will wait until you answer that before I will post on that part. At least they gave you notice to remove the accounts. You certainly cannot expect them to bend just because you were working.

Regardless, please explain how this is the providers fault for what happened? Maybe I am just not understanding how an attack on your host is their fault.

Yes they gave a 24hr notice, if I was aware of the problem let say 48 hrs or a week I would find the account or website causing the problem or DDOS attack from hackers and banned those incoming IP's from the related attackers not the client its not a clients fault from a DDOS attack from jealous, mad, evil people whom attack those with services.

Yes its the provider fault for not being able to install software or secure a server properly and banned attackers IP's globally. Its the attacker who is attacking the server not the customer(me). I'm not the abuser it the attacker whom is killing the poor unsecure server which is configure the wrong way by provider letting attackers attack it by finding a hole or an open entrance for an attack.

Last edited:
Well, this is the disadvantage of using a reseller account for reselling web hosting services.
If you do have control for the server itself, you will be able to do the backup much easier, such as scp everything to another server, and then up the accounts again.
Your upstream need to protect them self, so you can't really blame them.

Sorry 2names, I cannot believe that it would be your providers fault for your clients. If they had downtime, yah I can see it being on their shoulders, but when you accept a client, you need to take responsibility for their actions, not pawn it off on someone else.

I think the real question here is why were you expecting them to put their assets on the line for a $19.95/month reseller account? I mean, we're not just talking about their server. It's their reputation at stake and depending on the size of the DDoS it may end up costing them hundreds if not thousands of dollars in damages, from bandwidth overages and clients leaving over the attack.

They should have provided you with a complete backup rather then just outright terminating you, but if you're getting hit with 1Gbps+ good luck finding a reseller host willing to put up with that. If you're only getting hit by 100Mbps-500Mbps, I recommend you rent a dedicated server from SoftLayer who will be more then happy to provide you with a Cisco guard for a 24 hour period. They also have unmetered inbound, so that would likely be your best bet.

I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for you at all. I would have done the exact same if the attack was putting my assets and clients at risk.

I would do the same thing. You are clearly hosting some questionable material (most likely on the free accounts). I would do the exact same thing as your provider.

thanks for the response, i will move on and find another host. So mysite will be down for quite a while. I'll keep some of you updated when PrimeGalactic comes back online. I'm looking forward for a dedicated server now.

@hostgatorindia

I apologize for the happening of PrimeGalactic, I had no time to salvage the accounts if I did all accounts would have been save in a external harddrive, tho It would be a day or 2 for PrimeGalactic to look for a new home to adjust. I myself feel very angry for the happening was not aware of the situation after 5am on thursday.

Its the clients responsibility to have backups on their comp or whatever.

I know! I was gonna take the back up! And I was just trying to make a web site so used Prime Galactic for free hosting... I know that my company's servers are way better but I am just a representative and I cannot afford a paid hosting right now...

Anyways @ihav2names will I be able to get my website back by any chance? If not then tell me I have back up of half completed work... Ill start to work on it again if I wont get the site back...

Anyways @ihav2names will I be able to get my website back by any chance? If not then tell me I have back up of half completed work... Ill start to work on it again if I wont get the site back...

I don't get it. You didn't save a copy locally? How do you even upload a website without having a copy stored locally?

Back