• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Price Advice

striker99

Im starting a webhosting company starting nice and small

Heres what im offering

Plan 1.

1024 MB Space
10, 000 MB Bandwidth - Great Deal
UNLIMITED FTP Accounts
UNLIMITED Email Accounts
100 Sub Domains
100 Parked Domains
100 MYSQL Databases
Cpanel Control Panel with Fantastico

Cost
$4/month or $41/year

Plan 2.

2048 MB Space
15, 000 MB Bandwidth
UNLIMITED FTP Accounts
UNLIMITED Email Accounts
UNLIMITED Sub Domains
UNLIMITED Parked Domains
UNLIMITED MYSQL Databases

Cost
$12/month or $102/year

So what do you fowks think?

The pricing is not high, and it's not too low, you have an interesting idea with your plans.

Yes, that prices not make sense.
It will be better for customer to order 2 x Plan 1 (more bandwidth for less price).
:)

Alright im going to start with one plan its all up now here it is...

Plan 1.

4096 MB Space - Great Deal
20, 000 MB Bandwidth - Great Deal
UNLIMITED FTP Accounts
UNLIMITED Email Accounts
UNLIMITED Sub Domains
UNLIMITED Parked Domains
UNLIMITED MYSQL Databases

Cost

$5 Per Month
$50 Prepay 1 year - Thats a $10 Saving!

What you guys think?

Well, in order to truly have well-optimized plans and pricing, you need to know who you're trying to sell them to. Believe me on this - I spent two-and-a-half years in the paid hosting business.

i think what he means to say is there's no "one size fits all" when it comes to hosting plans?

If i had to guess, it's probably to do with people going "oh, that's nice, but i don't need all that so i'd be overpaying"? I'm no expert so dont take my word for it.
You could for example have a plan with lots of space and less bandwidth (for someone who wants a site to backup files), one with less space and lots of bandwidth (for someone with a high traffic site but only has small html files), etc.
Or you could keep it simple and offer say 3 plans:
512mb; 5gb/month; $2.5
1024mb; 10gb/month; $5
2222mb; 22gb/month; $10
(just examples, not saying those are good or bad prices)

Just a point most miss when asking the question.

How much are you going to pay out first?

Are you going to go for a 'reliable' reseller or VPS or dedicated?

How long will you wait before it is self funding? As in it pays for itself but not you. How many signups per week would that need?

How long will you wait for a profit? (say twice what you pay out so 100% - but that is if you work for free and reply on the profit to be your pay and not available to buy more to offer)

See where this is going, it's the beginning of a business plan that would 'tell you' how much you should charge.

Basic formula is

pay out for server(or whatever) - divide server into X multiples of basic package - multiply X by cost per package = payout for server (or whatever) + profit margin (add investment amount for next server here too)

Hope that helps out a couple of folk that have been asking the question recently (at least your asking, I remember the good old days of some buying a server for $100 and selling it on for $50 as you can imagine not for too long :lol:

Back