• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pretty lame I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
Wow, when I joined FWS almost a year ago now, I thought it was the coolest forum on the Internet, now I will probably get banned or suspended for posting this thread, but I feel it needs to be said. FWS IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN!!! Now, I am sure this will be closed in a matter of minutes, and possibly even deleted from this section of the forum, but I ask the mods and admin to leave it open to see if there are others that are disgruntle with FWS, and to leave the reason why. This way, maybe, just maybe, we can make this a great forum again.

I am mainly frustrated for two reasons.

1. I get a warning level of 10 for posting some referral links to SPAM to try and boost the site activity a little. where was this link posted, hmmmm, IN A SPAM FORUM. In the almighty "The longest Thread Ever". Well, sorry for spamming in a spam forum all mighty powerful FWS gods and goddesses. I didn't realize that I can post spam in a spam thread, especially one that you dont even get a higher post count for posting in.

2. Jan keeps closing "The Longest Thread Ever" why? Because it is a spam thread, and people spam in it. Tell me Jan, why do you really care that much when we dont get a higher post count in there anyways? I would really like to understand your thoughts on this. Do you just not want us to have fun, or are you just a power control freak that wants to just cause drama on the site by closing the most loved thread on here?

So, now that all that is said, here are some suggestions.

1. Stop being so strict. (You have rules in every part of the forum, and that is fine, but maybe lighten up a little)
2. Stop closing threads for stupid reasons
3. Stop closing threads like this one, and give people a chance to speak out. (We love FWS, and that is why we are here, but it gets less and less fun every time you mods and admins take away something we love here.)

Bye the way, if this happens to get closed like I suppose it will, you all can come to SPAM and start a thread about why FWS is going down hill, and then we can post a link here or PM Peo to show him our thoughts. Well, if I get banned for this, you all know where to find me.

I'm sorry to say this is quite true.. it's no secret that FWS has almost no activity compared to last year. Those may be the exact reasons.

Mods and Peo, instead of locking-deleting-----ing the thread, try to discuss this matters a little

I'm also sad that the Longest thread ever is closed! Please open it again!

lol, well, it seems as I am not the only one with some problems. Maybe if this is actually left open for once, we can get more people to comment and better the site

lol even i got warned for just suggesting my site not even a refferal link or something, a site which is owned by me

it went like this
a guy posted of 2 know some proxy site
some ppl suggested my site Ok thats cool
but since my site was down that guy posted my site isnt workin
after a day coz of server ---- i posted in the same thread that my site was up and you can now visit

NOW guys pls tell where was i wrong

i was just tell my site was UP and u can visit it

MODS & ADMIN pls STOP being so strict, its not a military camp, its juat a forum where ppl share their site and YA also suggest so if u start givin warning for suggesting your own site that will be a BIG ----

I posted way more when I joined FWS... dunno if that's because it is "getting worse" but, I would like to have FWS improve if what the previous users are saying is true...

I agree that SOMETIMES they are a bit strict, but I haven't really had many problems with them. For the most part they are doing a good job. Maybe what you should do instead of posting how much FWS is sucking, post what could be done to improve it?? Dunno, just a thought

I somehow doubt that.... maybe if your like,

"Jan stop being a prick" or something like that as a suggestion then it might get you warned or something...

Jan please know I'm using that as an example, not really saying that :p

Hehe, true :p I was being over the top i suppose, still, i feel that this forum is going downhill, and i'm suprised this topic hasn't been locked/deleted yet.

stuffradio said:
Maybe what you should do instead of posting how much FWS is sucking, post what could be done to improve it?? Dunno, just a thought
last thread i saw for "Suggesting" how to make it better, Peo closed it about 30min later.

Keagle said:
Hehe, true :p I was being over the top i suppose, still, i feel that this forum is going downhill, and i'm suprised this topic hasn't been locked/deleted yet.
lol, very true. I figured about 10 min or so, but surprisingly still up.

I have to agree with you all here, when I first joined there was a lot more activity and posts that could be replied to and if I ever had a question there was an answer within a few minutes, the forums are dying and it's with all the warnings the mods etc are giving to people, I've had a few warnings and it's all been over stupid little things, instead of warning/temporary banning people it's probably a bit easier to correct their post or send them a PM and let them know if it's in the wrong section or the reason it must be removed and you receive a warning.

I agree with warning/temp banning/banning users that just come here to spam but users like me and others that have been around here for a while they should have some lighter rules for, suggest instead of warning or temp banning, it just annoys people and makes them not want to post as much as they used to or just move on to other forums similar to this.

thanks for the support everyone, and I hope to see more suggestions come from more users soon. Like I said before, this isn't really just to complain about what we hate, but maybe say why we are disgruntle, and suggest some sort of alternative solution to why we are upset.

edit: thanks for keeping this open so far and just moving it to the appropriate section.

Last edited:
I have been on this forum a long time and have seen a lot of changes over this time. I don't really honestly see that this forum has beeng going downhill as the cause of the mods/admins in the area.

If you want my honest opinion, I think the maturity level in general of the [new-er] members have went far down in the last year or so which has caused a lot of the "veterns" to move on from this forum.

Not naming any names specifically, just my opinion. As I respect everyone elses views about FWS, I expect the same my direction. There was a time this forum was funny because of over-cynical and sarcastic full of themself a-holes. I miss that.

[JSH]John said:
I have to agree with you all here, when I first joined there was a lot more activity and posts that could be replied to and if I ever had a question there was an answer within a few minutes, the forums are dying and it's with all the warnings the mods etc are giving to people, I've had a few warnings and it's all been over stupid little things, instead of warning/temporary banning people it's probably a bit easier to correct their post or send them a PM and let them know if it's in the wrong section or the reason it must be removed and you receive a warning.

I agree with warning/temp banning/banning users that just come here to spam but users like me and others that have been around here for a while they should have some lighter rules for, suggest instead of warning or temp banning, it just annoys people and makes them not want to post as much as they used to or just move on to other forums similar to this.
I think you're way too concerned with the warnings. They aren't a bad thing, trust me. People used to get temporary bans for things that you only get a warning for now. The warning system is an easy way for us to contact a member regarding a post or thread. Points don't last forever (some only a day), so don't worry about it. You'd have to try pretty hard to reach the temporary ban threshold.

Matt8 said:
I have been on this forum a long time and have seen a lot of changes over this time. I don't really honestly see that this forum has beeng going downhill as the cause of the mods/admins in the area.

If you want my honest opinion, I think the maturity level in general of the [new-er] members have went far down in the last year or so which has caused a lot of the "veterns" to move on from this forum.

Not naming any names specifically, just my opinion. As I respect everyone elses views about FWS, I expect the same my direction. There was a time this forum was funny because of over-cynical and sarcastic full of themself a-holes. I miss that.
Agreed 100%.

Matt8 said:

i somewhat agree here matt, but i feel that it is the n00b inmature children that are causing the mods/admin to be more strict. maybe we hould raise the age limit from 13 to 15 or 16 so that we dont have as many inmature people on here and can get back to real discussions. as for "The Longest Thread Ever" I still feel it should be re-opened just for spamming purposes. that is why it was created anyways. well, lets see if we can get more input to better FWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back