• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Potential Internet Based Jobs - Need Feedback!

Conscript

NLC
NLC
Hi everyone.

I am in the process of working with a new venture team on launching an internet company and I wanted to do some research on internet-based jobs.

Basically since the company will not have a physical headquarters (colloboration will be handled entirely through internet applications), I will be looking for people to work from home doing highly internet-related tasks.

Such tasks would include things like posting on forums (for example be responsible for representing the company on several dozen popular forums to help spread the word). This wouldn't be like spamming, but rather participating in various online communities related to the business interests and really contributing to those communities in order to build relationships with people online and the business.

Another possible task would be contacting webmasters of other websites to negotiate link exchanges or ways we can help eachother (for example we put a link to their website on a certain page and they put one on theirs, or we provide them with some of our web-based resources and in exchange they put up a link on their site and/or include our name in some newsletters, etc.). The job performance would be very goal-based, as in quotas would be given for numbers of relationships established and so it would be very flexible.

Yet another potential job opportunity would be to scour the internet (forums, chat rooms, personal websites, blogs) etc. doing research relevent to my website's theme so that my website content could reflect the needs of consumers, and possibly assist the website team with updating the website or expanding on the website using the research gathered.

While all these things sound like they could be done quickly the quotas and goals would be aggressive enough to insure a full-time work load (expected to put in 35-40 hours a week give or take).

Now what do I need from you guys?

Well I want feedback on what kind of internet jobs have you guys held in the past, and what kind of salary ranges would jobs like these (perhaps all those responsibilities could be rolled into one job?) have to pay in order to attract quality talent.

Also what kind of arrangement would work in terms of payment, would pay be related to performance directly or would there have to be a set salary? Also, what kind of supervision or accountability procedures would be appropriate. Perhaps conference calls weekly or would online-based colloboration software sufficie?

Would you HONESTLY be putting your full effort into a job like this?

Would this be the kind of job you would want to STICK to perhaps build a career out of or would this really be only seen as temporary employment to get you through college or rough economic times you may be currently experiencing?

What kind of level of dedication would you give to a company who would hire you on such a basis?

Just want some general feedback, suggestions, and ideas of how internet jobs usually work out there, what kind of things you have done in the past, and any general feelings and attitudes towards working for a company on a remote basis.

Unfortunatley at this time I cannot reveal the nature of the website, but to give you an idea of where this project is headed, I will be meeting with several investors in the next month with the goal of raising at minimum $100,000 USD (though I will be shooting for $250,000 USD) to fund the first 4 to 5 months of operations. The new venture team consists of 5 people who have experience in computer science, business, and other areas useful to the business idea.

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Back