• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

popuptaffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
< Matt and William please note: Please take the following as advice from one publisher to another, and not as an attack on either of you. I am not interested in delving into the specifics of your case, and have nothing against you personally >

SI, like any company, has its eye on the bottom line, and cannot afford to divert its own profits into the pockets of cheaters (and I'm not accusing you of being a cheater, since your case obviously involved several accidental incidents) who not only defraud SI, but degrade the quality of the traffic that SI is able to deliver to its various partners. Nor can the company be expected to support those who (whether willingly or as a result of poor control over the content under their management) place SI code on pages that violate the terms and conditions of the program. In addition, SI cannot be held responsible for the manual filtering of "good" traffic from the more undesirable deliveries, since this again reduces their margins (and thus the profits of those affiliates who are happy to abide by the rules, while pulling in $1000s through 100% legitimate means).

This reminds me of an interesting figure that Mark Welch (the former editor of Adbility) received during correspondence with Overture/GoTo.com's affiliate manager at the time when the company dropped its payout to affiliates from 3 cents/search to 2 cents almost a year ago. During his conversation, the affiliate manager revealed that fraud prevention and the administrative/technological systems associated with traffic validation were so expensive as to dramatically reduce the viability of the program. He went on to claim that in the absence of fraud, GoTo would likely be paying 7 cents/search (and this was on a blank, prefillable search box at the time). This may help to explain why not only SI's staff, but its 10s of thousands of satisfied affiliates, ar determined to ensure that the quality of the inventory managed by the firm remains both valid and of a reasonable quality.

The "SI vs the world" argument has been raised on dozens of previous occasions, so I won't bother digging up old points for the purposes of making a point here that will undoubtedly draw flames except to simply say that if you don't personally agree with the way they operate (and none of their policies are secret given that both Robert and Ron are some of the most outspoken members of the affiliate management community), or if you have doubts as to your ability to moderate content appearing on your servers, don't work with them.

The fact that SI accepts free hosts at all makes them almost unique in the market, so instead of attempting to wage a personal vendetta against the company and its existing affiliates, maybe William and yourself should be thankful that you were fortunate enough to have been accepted at all. Then, walk away and either outsource your sales through another agency or sell your popunder inventory directly. Lord knows, there's a wealth of demand out there for the popunder format at present.

Not to mention that there are countless startup ad networks and affiliate managers out there, and SI remains a relatively small player in the grander online advertising market, so it's not as if you have no choice. (Aside: If you are seeking advice as to which companies may be willing to support your service, or how best to sell inventory directly, this forum's members will be more-than-willing to help)

Having said that, if you'd still like to voice your complaints about Standard Internet, your best bet is to do so via established channels (ie forums such as this - following the correct procedure, business complaint systems and the legal system).

I think I speak for the majority of members here when I say that your ongoing quest for the decimation of SI's reputation here (apart from being explicitly against the rules of the forum - which have been pointed out to both of you previously) is growing old, and doing more to degrade your own reputations in what is becoming an increasingly intimate business community.

Let's try to keep these threads on-topic in the future.

2 cents.

Originally posted by Czar
SI, like any company, has its eye on the bottom line, and cannot afford to divert its own profits into the pockets of cheaters

<p>A sentiment I agree with, however, in their effort to do so, they have shown a distinct history of actively looking for what amounts to minor "technical violations" to use to justify not paying large account holders. Any excuse they can find. And this is documented to be widespread.</p>

<p>If they were only eliminating people who they had clear evidence of cheating, no one would be complaining. But the method they use is to just flat out cancel anyone for anything they can justify as a violation, however tenuous or minor the violation. While I'm sure this cuts down on the amounts paid to actual cheaters, it also significantly hurts those who did not attempt to cheat or fraud, whose only mistake was to have a large enough check to draw attention to themselves.</p>

<p>Those webmasters deserve more protection from these kinds of actions, and SI needs to change their policies and their applicaiton of policies to more fair terms so that these criticisms would no longer have any validity.</p>

<p>SI's programs are excellent in their ingenuity, if their ethics matched their ingenuity, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. That so many complaints were received by Adbility.com shows that this is not limited to the couple experiences posted here.</p>

Greetings,

Czar: You make many a number of good points, each of which I agree with, fully or to a limited extent. I question a few, however:

"The fact that SI accepts free hosts at all makes them almost unique in the market,"

This statement is certainly not true. I've worked with many Ad Networks over the lifespan of RedRival and each has willingly accepted an FWP into its ranks. Each of them treated with myself with respect and dignity. Aside from SI, I have yet to experience another Ad Network as coarse and unwilling to work together with the publisher to excel and increase performance.

"so instead of attempting to wage a personal vendetta against the company and its existing affiliates, maybe William and yourself should be thankful that you were fortunate enough to have been accepted at all."

While you may view this as a vendetta, all my attempts to have a civil discussion with Standard Internet, Corp., have been to assuage the differences and work things out. Sorry for what may seem a personal attack, but I feel its justied: The childish pranks(in reference to Robert calling himself "Rich Bastard" and revealing revenue information) have made this ordeal much more aggravating than it needed to be. The exasperating measures it took to simply get SI to notice and to even explain "why" the account was cancelled and funds confiscated was simply unbelievable.

And thankful that I was even accepted at all and then had my personal business in dangerous and myself at risk for more than even what SI confiscated from me? Sorry, I don't take kindly to that, especially considering the lack of reasonable explanation which still persists today.

I would hate for people to see my posts as an attack on Robert or his company's reputation. Rather, I would simply be glad to notify those, who take interest in SI's programs, of the risks involved and the evidence that supports it.

If Peo or the moderators wish me censor anything which I might post that could be considered anti-SI, then I'm fine with that. I would respect that request. Preferably, howver, I'd like the freedom to inform those who inquire about SI of the way SI has acted in the past and appears to continue acting, presently.

Farewell,

<mod edit> url removed, see our rules. /Peo

More info / complaints / comments on SI.

And I forgot, Robert you still have not looked into my account as you said you would over a month ago, remember "Go Lions"

to william:
You are not welcome back. You've been banned for serious abuse here previously, including spam and ignoring both our rules and moderators decisions repeatedly.

to loko-moko and Matt:
Your cases have been discussed. As our rules clearly state that you can submit a complaint once but not bring it up over and over again I advice you to follow that rule. When complaining about an ad company you are also not allowed to post other peoples experiences here, only your own.

Please take a moment to read the rules again. If there is something you don't understand feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Your case has been mentioned and discussed in numerous threads. The majority of your 83 posts on this forum have been dealing with this topic. If you feel that your complaint has not been answered the way you wanted it to be answered, we really can't do anything about it. If Robert doesn't want to reply to it anymore, that's his decision.

Let's move on.

I'm closing this thread, since the likelyhood of this thread ever being constructive again is very remote. I also feel that everybody have had a fair chance to state whatever they wanted within this topic. Some abuse still exist in this thread, mainly in the form of here say. But I don't have time to edit all the posts breaking our rules in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back