• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

popuptaffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutamente.

PopupTraffic have (like all SI programs) being issuing payments in full, on time, every month since the program's launch.

Greetings,

On the other side of the coin, you should know that a significant number of reputable, mostly larger webmasters earning relatively larger amounts, have been suspiciously cancelled and their earnings confiscated. Some individuals have lost thousands.

A large number of webmasters making under 200 dollars or so, it would seem, report that payments are sent out like clockwork and are accurate to their statistics reports.

Take this as you will.

Farewell,

I do recall in the prior posts here, that YOU said that Matt was doing nothing wrong, that his account was flagged, and then checked out fine. Then SI did not pay him.

April 6, 2001: Robert from SI: "There are no problems with loko-moko's account or his referred account. Both are in good standing."

So SI mislead him for one...

Then one of you guys posted his stats to the public forum... (Thread deleted due to the unethical comments from Ron)

Last edited:
We've gone though this before. Let's not start another fight. After what happened a few months ago between you guys, if I see any harsh words or accusations, I'm throwing the thread.

Tom,

We are not trying to start a fight... But everytime this comes up, Robert gets all defensive and blames it on others, when in turn he contradicts himself telling us that we were not breaking the rules.

I think it is only fair that the public sees that SI is not as golden as they make themselves out to be.

I have yet to find a large web site that has not been canceled by SI.

loko-moko,

Have you ever heard of Yahoo, Advertising.com, Free.com, or ValueClick.com? They are all SI affiliates. Getting paid the same rates and accoriding to the same terms as everyone else.

I made no staments blaming anyone for anything. Nor am I contradicting anything.

Matt stated that lage websites get cancelled. This is a false statement and I pointed out that Matt himself attempted to defraud SI and was cancelled as that is relevant information to add to his comment.

robert and his company is a reliable and honest place, why do u little buggas always attacking him? aye? oi I am talking to u answer me:mad:

Robert,

Ok sorry... Then can you tell me why I am canceled, becuase after endless phone calls and emails I still do not have any evidence of something I have done.

I use Valueclick, and 5 other ad agencies and the only one that ever gave me problems with my Free Web Hosting site was SI.

Allegations being freely tossed around by SI

If I were Robert at SI, I'd be pretty careful about tossing around charges that someone intended to defraud. I'd make damn sure that the facts backed me up 100% before writing that in a public forum. Defaming someone's character, especially when the facts are as flimsy as they are in this case, in a public forum like this has a name. It's called Libel. And I don't know if you realize this, but it wouldn't be just you, or just your company, on the hook, but both of you. You individually, and SI as the company you are here representing. Remember, these posts can easily be subpoenaed. There is a big difference between you canceling an account for a technical rule violation, and what you call "attempted to defraud." And from what it sounds like to me, you have a history of this. If these people who have been defamed by you all got together and hired an attorney in your state, you wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on. I hope SI has an attorney, Robert, and if so, you should talk to him about the potential liability of your posts here.

Last edited:
Mr Walsh,

When you post facts, libel is not an issue. But thank you for the advice. I doubt I have any thing to worry about. I'm very comfortable in allowing my post remain unedited.

You should give the same sound legal advice to some other folks on this forum. :)

loko-moko send me an email with your info.

If anyone has any issues with the popuptraffic program I'd suggest we deal with them and keep this thread on topic and comply with the rules of this forum.

Some might take solace from your assertion, but the truth is that the facts in this case do not back you up. Your own statements in the past on this incident contradict your claims here. As far as I am concerned, you have no credibilty at all on these issues. But, webmasters depending on these kinds of ad companies, such as SI, who are literally at the bottom of the food chain in the ad business already, should expect these kinds of things from your company and the others like them. Being the dregs of the industry gives you some latitude in getting away with this kind of crap. The truth is the only defense to libel, and you claim to have it on your side. I wonder if a judge would agree with you.

Originally posted by wwalsh
Some might take solace from your assertion, but the truth is that the facts in this case do not back you up. Your own statements in the past on this incident contradict your claims here. As far as I am concerned, you have no credibilty at all on these issues. But, webmasters depending on these kinds of ad companies, such as SI, who are literally at the bottom of the food chain in the ad business already, should expect these kinds of things from your company and the others like them. Being the dregs of the industry gives you some latitude in getting away with this kind of crap. The truth is the only defense to libel, and you claim to have it on your side. I wonder if a judge would agree with you.
Speaking of defamation...;)

wwalsh, it's always good to have a new member on board, but I would kindly like to suggest that if you'd like to maintain your posting privileges, you should ensure that all future posts conform with the rules governing this forum, with particular attention paid to the terms associated with making complaints about a merchant/ad network, which may be found here:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9856

Complaints are welcome here, but cannot be associated with anonymous members. I'm sure that you understand the importance of total disclosure in managing effective conflict resolution, given your interest in law.

Czar,

No need to admonish wwalsh. My shoulders are broad. :)

I always get a good laugh when these folks who are ashamed to even post their own names allow their bitterness and resentment to boil over. :D

And...we should have a new program opening in about 45 days. Different from anything we've done before. I signed the contracts today. :)

I'm not anonymous. I provided my email address to this site when I signed up. I own the domain which the email address is associated with. My contact information is in the whois for that domain, with correct email and postal addresses and valid phone number.

And I am not making complaints about SI's program, merely making complaints about the way that (former) members of the SI program are defamed on this forum, and then find themselves banned by the moderators when they challenge the veracity of the SI shill whose only answers to those comments is to accuse them of fraud.

Originally posted by wwalsh
...and then find themselves banned by the moderators when they challenge the veracity of the SI shill whose only answers to those comments is to accuse them of fraud.

If a member is banned from these forums, it is because of something they did. People always assume there is some hidden agenda. Believe me, it is NOT easy to get banned from this place, and if they were banned, it is due to their own actions (repeated violations of the forum guidelines), nothing more, nothing less. Just wanted to mention that. Sorry for the tangent.

wwalsh,

When you post with no visible name, no visible website and no visible email address you are anonymous.

I'm sure that you have good reason for being ashamed to admit who you are and luckily the internet is a place where people like yourself can hide behind keyboards and make statements without worring about trivialities like facts.

Again, I'm sorry for any bitterness and resentment you have towards SI and if insulting my company and me personally makes you feel better about yourself than I welcome any insults you wish to make.

If anyone would like to discuss anything business related, or related to the topic of this thread, I will be happy to discuss.

No, Robert, I'm not anonymous. I just do not have a personal complaint with regard to your company. My complaint is in how you handle complaints about your company here, especially ones I have personal knowledge about.

Your belittling attitude in this post is one of the many illustrations of what is wrong with you and with your company. And I bet the moderators here will not do squat about it. I have no bitterness or resentment towards your company. I simply take exception to your method of dealing with legitimate complaints here, and I find your libelous allegations here, that the moderators seem content to let you freely make, to be offensive.

I'm one person you don't want to push too hard, Robert. I'm the kind of person who has the resources and means to go out and find those who have been similarly wronged by SI like the ones whose complaints started this discussion and find an attorney who can represent them. You might be used to dealing with the types of people who don't have that kind of initiative or resources. Don't make that mistake here. In the event I decide to do that, I've today registered a domain name for the purpose of collecting and sharing information related to possible actionable complaints regarding your company. I'll post the domain here as soon as it is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back