• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Plz rate my site! plz note im 13

How do you rate my site?

• Excellent for a 13 year old

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Good for a 13 year old

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Needs Improvement

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
Well I'm 13 and started learning HTML at 11...

I know HTML, JavaSript, PHP and in the process of learning Perl... I also know some C++ and VC++ - man they're hard...

So this is another example that age is nothing, even though some of you guys used your time more wisely than me I bet...

And I say 1st Page all the way (as to notepad)! And, 1st Page 3 is coming out!!!

I'm 14 - started learning HTML at age 8. Now fully versed in Photoshop, pretty decent at PHP although programming isn't really my focus. Designing is way more fun :) Anyways, my current site is http://portfolio.rangernews.net . I love design and would do it for free, but as long as people are willing to pay I'm all for it. :biggrin2:

8?
damn dude...
you never play in the sandbox when you were little?
productive childhood...
hehe, like everyone on this forum is in highschool..
ok, not everyone:rolleyes:
maybe 2%
or 50%

Hey you guys learn quick and at a young age on many programming languages but, do you get a chance to spend any time away from the PC?

I am 25 and work as a programmer in Computer field. I only design websites when I have nothing much to do and only for fun.

So I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend infront of the PC building websites.

I preffer playing sports, watching T.V., or spending time with my family over working in my office building websites.

The more you do and the more time you spend on website obviously the better the website will look.

HGW - "Get some fresh air"

I am on all the sports teams, spend at least an hour outside every day and can still run my own little freelance design business. I think it's those who are making baseless claims that need to get out more:rolleyes:

Ok just checking...

Its great to be a computer nerd or expert but, to not do anything else is just waste full. Experience as much as you can because you never know how long you will be around.

Keep learning and experiencing new things. :)

HGW

man, why would anyone go into the webdesign business? i live in australlia and my mums friends son is a webdesigner (i dont know him) and he has been trying to get a job as a webdeisgner, and guess wot? no luck, its the hardest job to get into, just to it for fun or make a full blown site and make money off it.

A couple things, when I go to the site it searches my floppy drive? The first time I went it asked me to install a certificate and none of the images work?

Tables

You people all use tabels like crazy. Tabels are nice, but could you get sometime different ex. Layers... I use NotePad, DreamWeaver 4 UltraDev, FireWorks 4, and they are all legal versions. I wonder where you other 14 year olds get the $$ for about 10 macromedia products...stupid warez. I got $150 for making this one site for this person at
http://ramgoatsoap.xs3.com
I didn't set the price they just said they wanted something very simple and easy and thats what I gave them and they were happy and gave me $150. It's crazy. Also here is another link to a site I made
http://darkauthority.cjb.net (Forum Dosen't Work)
Nothing special again. Just some roll over pictures and text and once again they were happy. You don't have to go all out all the time. As long as your site works, has good content, and easy to nav; you should be allright.

well i think layers a shyte... and tables are cross-browser.. and not everyone uses warez.. i for one don't i use a perfectly legal liscense for photoshop 6 and notepad thank you very much..

my license is a school license purchased by the school

and some people aren't just ahppy with.. 'its ok'.. some people like me.. will go all out.. becuz they like what they're doing and not in the money.. well i'd like to.. but i'm not good enuf... so.. rollovers, well aren't really too special either.. just opinions... no offense or anything.. but i like going all out on my sites..

Last edited:
Good!

Thats good that you go all out, but once you get yourself a woman, work, and school going on I will see what you say then....

Re: Tables

Originally posted by PHPMan
You people all use tabels like crazy. Tabels are nice, but could you get sometime different ex. Layers... I use NotePad, DreamWeaver 4 UltraDev, FireWorks 4, and they are all legal versions.

Tables or frames are two plausible options.

I wonder where you other 14 year olds get the $$ for about 10 macromedia products...stupid warez.

Perhaps our parents buy it for us. Well I am 17 and still am in high school but my dad bought me the $200 Corel Webmaster Suite program. I am bitterly opposed against warez.

Thats good that you go all out, but once you get yourself a woman, work, and school going on I will see what you say then....

I go out and I still find time. I am trying to find a boyfriend (yeah I am a queer male) and a job won't come yet... still in high school.

Posted By PHPMan

Great Point PHPMan !!! :)

Its great to go all out and do the best you can do but, when life changes by you get older, don't live with your parents anymore, work, go to college, possibly get married, and have kids you will find that time on the Computer will diminish quite a bit. You will have more responsibilities which will demand more time from you away from your web site projects.

You will then appreciate the simple 5 minute web designed HTML page.

:)

I have built some simple sites for family Business's that my family didn't pay me to do but, I wanted to do it so they had some type of free advertisement on the web:

My Uncle's Carpentry Service:
http://spkcarpentry.itgo.com/

My Cousin's Boat Yard / Marina:
http://members.efortress.com/jkuzenka/lotteryville.html

So basically have fun on what you are doing and remember that web design is like Art everyone has an opinion.

If you are in it for the money then your client will have the only opinion that matters.

HGW "Just some advice"

Back