• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please take a look at our site, Tinig.com

Ederic

Tinig.com is an online magazine for the Filipino youth containing personal essays, news features and commentaries on current national issues written by young Filipino writers, journalists, students, and activists.

I'd like to know what you think of its general look and would appreciate your suggestions for improvement.

I would also welcome your reaction to the contents (especially those written in English, unless you understand Filipino/Tagalog].

Maraming salamat (Thank you very much).

Last edited:
You do relize that most people don't know talalog? Although I can read it, its not a bad site, you can make a english part of your site to boost up popularity.

Ah yes I relize that. My mom whos Filopino too thought it was a good website too. So I guess just keep on going. Ya got some insperation behind ya.

with your design, i think your best bet would be to work a little on the right side of your site. running 1024, it looks great, but when i bump up to 1280x1024 (where i normally run) the right "kolum" leaves about a 200px gap between the center column and the right.

this can be fixed two ways. the first, simply align ur right column (which i assume is in a master table) to the left, and it should be fine. the second, add what is sometimes called a "pixel-spanner," which is basically a design technique to make sure something can be aligned in pixels but look fine in all resolutions. an example: my site, equiller.com, has a table that is less than 640px wide, so every browser will be able to open it fine, and this table is then placed in a master one-cell table and centered horizontally. in your case, i would recommend two things: revamp the logo (if possible; if not, just move it over so it is about.. oh.. 18px from the left of the flag) so the flag is in the background of the text-- non-animated, of course-- and then have the logo fade from the left into the people-background. this does two things: creates a far more appeasing logo as well as gives you some more room to work with. what to do with the room? move the banner over into it, so you can now set up a right-cell that basically has nothing in it, as is often seen on big-time news sites. throw in maybe a vertical bar or something, create a nice little spacer...

i hope that made sense... it did to me, but that doesn't always mean i communicated it well. i see lots of potential with this site (mostly cuz i am in journalism myself, the editor of a newspaper, and would love to work on a true ezine) so i'd be happy to help out in the future, as well.

Vash: Maraming salamat and please say kumusta to your Mom for me. From where are you? By the way, it's Filipino, not Folopino. ;)

quiller: Thanks a lot also. We will incorporate your suggestions. I guess we'll have to try running the site on wider screen resos.In what paper are you working? :)

Last edited:
my school paper ;) doesn't seem like much but when u think that it's a 32-page issue with 27 staff members and about 12,000 readers :)

It's a BIG school paper, huh. In college, I edited our publication and its readers were only sa thousand or so.

keep on going, man! :)

Back