• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my new design.

cheatpark

­
NLC
I have recently re-designed my website. I know its not much when you go to my page but you can get the general idea of what its meant to be like. Please tell me its good points and bad points and how I can improve it. Notes: Only the home, news and forum links work. The website address is http://www.cheatpark.net

I would have to say keep on working at it.
Right now its......lacking.
Too many options for the style of menu that you have.
Try a side menu bar with subheadings

Yeah, the color contrast isn't good enough and like said above, the design is lacking without a good nav scheme.

I want to keep the blue background. I don't know what colours go well with it though. And how should the menu be done on the side? Text or images?

Leave the blue! It's a very nice color!

Things I'd change, though:

1. Enhance the logo a bit and combine it with your saying. If I were you, I would make the letters "Cheatpark" bigger in your design, and make the words, "Gaming at its best" a part of it. Don't have it off to the side; it doesn't look cool! I'd also make the logo "Cheatpark.net," so people remember the URL better. (See attachment)

2. The others are right about the navigation. Here's a possible solution: you could try to do it a la, Ugo.com. You could maybe have "| Chat | Forum | Links | Advertising | Guestbook | Support | " in a black navbar going across the width of your page like Ugo, then have the other stuff ("News | Previews | Reviews | Cheats | Charts | Release dates | Downloads | Votes | ") linked on your index page using pictures and text to spruce it up!

Remove "newsletters" and "search" from your navigation, because they can simply be added to your site with text boxes. :D

3. Color scheme? Go with shades of blue, black, a little grey and bits of that orange from your logo to add unity.

Attachments

• cheatparklogo.jpg
    cheatparklogo.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
I'm not surprised. What is the current design only took me a few minutes. I am now going to do something much better using tables and not frames. I will take in all the tips you lot gave me and make a new design to make all of you happy. I'll have my new design ready by tomorrow or the day after.

good luck, as for color is concerned i like using white somewhere in the background, just to give you some ideas ;-)

Sure!

Originally posted by cheatpark

Is it free to download or can I get a trial version somewhere?

Yeah, check out http://www.serif.com/downloads.asp. (Scroll down a page or so.) You'll see, where it says "Photo Plus 5- Free Download." It's completely and totally free.

Now here's the only problem with it: because of some issues, you won't be abe to export your stuff in .gif and .tif format. (If you would like to, you have to pay something like $1.) In addition, this is only a bare bones photo editing program. It's nuthin' fancy (no bevel, just a handful of filters, etc.) Nevertheless, it's okay for what it is.

Originally posted by coldturkey
what about something like photoshop or psp? i mean jee

And what if you can't afford Photoshop or PSP? I mean, jee :rolleyes:

I think it's so funny when ppl think that Photoshop and PSP are the only options for web design and graphics. Poor shnooks-- shelling out all those bucks when they could save it using freeware like Ultimate Paint, Photoplus 5, Vicman Photo Editor or buying a cheaper program like Photo Impact 7.

Originally posted by liquidbabe

And what if you can't afford Photoshop or PSP? I mean, jee :rolleyes:

I think it's so funny when ppl think that Photoshop and PSP are the only options for web design and graphics. Poor shnooks-- shelling out all those bucks when they could save it using freeware like Ultimate Paint, Photoplus 5, Vicman Photo Editor or buying a cheaper program like Photo Impact 7.

I know they're not the only graphics programs, but they are widely recognized as the best for what they do... Who said they had to cost anything?? You can find anything on morpheus plus there's always trial versions for those who arnt into that kind of thing.

You forgot that there are also a few sites. I would post them, but that's not allowed.

Back