• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my free logo maker site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMc

I have been a year in development with this site. I have people standing by to fix any errors so if you see anything wrong please let me know.

If you find something wrong could you tell me the browser version, OS and screen size as that would help a lot.

here it is anyway. It is launched and as far as I know there are no errors.

http://www.logoease.com

Thanks

It looks like one of the best free logo sites i've seen. I've got a bunch of reviews pending but I think i'll feature this site on my blog. Nice work

Ok ..I signed up, created a logo .. saved it and it said it emailed it to me. Then I tried to download my logo from the email and it took me to a web page on your site that said "You have already downloaded this logo" ..lol

Ok, first off, the site takes way too long to load. I am on a 3 Mbps+ Internet connection, and it was pretty horrible (about 18 seconds to fully load). I am on the East Coast of the U.S., if that helps at all.

Second, I did not test any further than choosing an image and text, as I will not register for a service like this. I can go to cooltext.com (and hundreds of other sites like it) and create a free logo without having to register.

Ok ..I signed up, created a logo .. saved it and it said it emailed it to me. Then I tried to download my logo from the email and it took me to a web page on your site that said "You have already downloaded this logo" ..lol

That is an interesting comment. There is no page on the site that says you have already downloaded your logo. You can download the logo as many times as you want.

Do you have a screen shot? Perhaps there is a relic left over from early development.

I just downloaded the same logo several times over and had others do the same too.

Ok, first off, the site takes way too long to load. I am on a 3 Mbps+ Internet connection, and it was pretty horrible (about 18 seconds to fully load). I am on the East Coast of the U.S., if that helps at all.

Second, I did not test any further than choosing an image and text, as I will not register for a service like this. I can go to cooltext.com (and hundreds of other sites like it) and create a free logo without having to register.

18 seconds. That does seem a bit long. It loads for me in about 5 seconds usually. Perhaps the very first time you load it ..it may take a little longer. I will check that out. I am in the UK by the way and the server is in the US.

With regards to having to register for the service, if you can create a logo using cooltext or any other free logo site like any of the samples in the sample section here then please show me:

http://www.logoease.com/LogoSamples.aspx

You can manipulate the image, the color, the text and get the vector source file all for free. I am not aware of another free apllication like this on the net. I am sure there will always be people who won't sign-up but if they really do want to do it themselves and get the best deal on the net they will do it.

Sorry, I just don't register for something like this - I get enough spam as it is. I hope you use this feedback, but if not, I understand. Collecting user info is certainly valuable in that you can stay in touch with your users better. It's just not my thing.

Sorry, I just don't register for something like this - I get enough spam as it is. I hope you use this feedback, but if not, I understand. Collecting user info is certainly valuable in that you can stay in touch with your users better. It's just not my thing.

Thanks for the feedback. It means a lot to have you share your thoughts. Why are you under the impression that you would suffer from increased spam if you used this service?

Incidently, to design yourself a logo you don't need to sign up at all. Just jump right in and design away. Only if you like what you have done and you want to use the logo will you need to sign up.

Thanks to all who have commented so far. Your feedback is really helpful. If anyone else would like to comment that is also much appreciated.

Simon

Didn't realize you had to regiseter.

Slightly off topic, what are some good free logo sties?

You don't have to register at all. You can use the logo maker tool to design a logo. If you love the logo you designed and you want it in the file formats for web and print, only then will you need to register. If you want the finished article it will cost you the 2 minutes it takes to register. Logomaker.com or Logoyes.com will charge between $40 and $99 for the pleasure depending on which way the wind is blowing. However, my free logo maker is a lot more powerful than thier charged for offering too.

Other free logo maker software..or at least free trials are thelogocreator, aaa-logo, logosmartz, cooltext, vistaprint. Most of these though are applications you need to install on your PC. There are others too but non are even halfway as powerful as http://www.logoease.com

Please add other free logo maker tools to the list if you know of them.

Thanks for the feedback. It means a lot to have you share your thoughts. Why are you under the impression that you would suffer from increased spam if you used this service?

It's a common feeling by myself and most other Web surfers. Your site would receive a lot more "complete" orders if you took down the registration requirement - in fact, I guarantee it.

Of course, this feeling is only psychological - you seem like a nice, ethical person, and I honestly don't think you would spam your users. But perception is important, and most of your visitors will perceive this as a mass harvesting attempt in order to subsidize the service through the sending of spam emails.

It's a common feeling by myself and most other Web surfers. Your site would receive a lot more "complete" orders if you took down the registration requirement - in fact, I guarantee it.

Of course, this feeling is only psychological - you seem like a nice, ethical person, and I honestly don't think you would spam your users. But perception is important, and most of your visitors will perceive this as a mass harvesting attempt in order to subsidize the service through the sending of spam emails.

I understand the point you are making but I would not be so quick to say this feeling you have is also attributed to MOST web users. Common sense tells me that people sign-up to youtube, facebook, free web hosting, games sites, business sites and pretty much any other site actually that is offering something of worth or percieved worth.

Your point is definately a valid one because I know that it will put off some users. Of course it will. There is not a site in the world that can get everyone on board.

To go back a post or two and just to reiterate, you have no obligation at all to sign up. None whatsoever. Fell free to use the logo maker tool without giving any details at all. Design as many logos as you want to. Play with it until you love a logo. If you never love one then thats OK. Play somemore, you never know how inspiration will take you tomorrow.

The ONLY time you need to sign up (hey I had to sign up to this forum to post) is IF and only IF you want to have the design you made in file formats for web and print.

If you don't want to save your logo you don't have to sign up. Just use the tool for inspiration.

Simon

Ps. You Will NOT be spammed! I guarantee that!

Last edited:
I understand the point you are making but I would not be so quick to say this feeling you have is also attributed to MOST web users. Common sense tells me that people sign-up to youtube, facebook, free web hosting, games sites, business sites and pretty much any other site actually that is offering something of worth or percieved worth.

The difference is between the type of sites. People register with myspace and game websites because it's convenient. It allows you to login and manage things like your account, friends, stats, money, photos, and website. People keep coming back to these kinds of sites, they become a part of their routine. The thing with logo sites is you'll probably only need to visit once or a few times. There's only so many logos a person needs, so it seems pointless to go to all the trouble of registering just for one little image.

The difference is between the type of sites. People register with myspace and game websites because it's convenient. It allows you to login and manage things like your account, friends, stats, money, photos, and website. People keep coming back to these kinds of sites, they become a part of their routine. The thing with logo sites is you'll probably only need to visit once or a few times. There's only so many logos a person needs, so it seems pointless to go to all the trouble of registering just for one little image.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The fact of the matter is that after just a few days of being open we have had over 300 people sign-up.

Many more have tried out the software. The only people that need to sign up are those who want to download the files for web and print.

Just looking through some of the designs people are saving would suggest to me that the majority of people signing up are small businesses. These are the very kind of users we are looking to attract as well.

Anyway, we can beat this horse to death because I know when one has a position it is not easy to move from that position and I appreciate your honesty and frankness about your want to not sign up.

Apart from the sign-up issue, has anybody else played with the software? Does it do what you would expect it to?

Thanks again everyone, your comments really are worthwhile.

Simon

Was easy to use..

Kind of cool... page only took 10 seconds to load... But i have paint pro and like it..

Kind of cool... page only took 10 seconds to load... But i have paint pro and like it..

It's not a replacement for any graphics package. It's just a simple system that will allow you to design a vector based logo design in minutes based on either just text or an accompanying image.

Many people who want a logo design find graphics packages a little intimadating and don't really know where to start in designing a logo. Others can't afford the services of a designer. Others, like you do it yourself using your own solution. Logo Ease is not meant to be everything to all people.

However, compared to anything else on the market in this genre, I think Logo Ease is the best out there by a long shot (I would say that though wouldn't I :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back