• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review initial design idea.

Remy Canad

I am currently experimenting with a few designs. You can view the current one here. http://webservices.aburrr.com

Notes:
1. I am still trying to get the stupid login to line up.
2. It will not work right in IE just yet. (There may be a green bar across the top)
3. This site is mainly for my clients to login and get support. No real adverising going on. The things on the right are just there to fill in the space.
4. The buttons currently do not have any sort of effect when the mouse is over them. I am going to experiment with some font color changes....
5. Also thinking about creating a blocky type background. It would kind of look like a very pixelated image that has been zoomed in. Also the variants in the color green would be very very small. If you look carefully at the logo, the background grey varies. I am talking similar to that.

If you have any suggestions,comments, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
Looks good for a design with little to no graphics, I mean pretty much everything (well except the banner, although...) could be done in html and css.
The footer looks kinda bold. At the right that grey line suddenly stops... is that how it supposed to look or browser fault?
I would try usoing thinner content area (horizontally). The font/size suits real well with the look.

Last edited:
If this is just for your current customers to just login/fiddle with their account, then you really dont need anything good, as long as they can just navigate with ease. The less images you use, the quicker the load time, which is nice. The page itself, just seems a little bit too wide for me (however, I am viewing at 800x600).

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I am going to do as much of it in CSS as I can. I wanted the load time to be very small.

There will be a backend for support and such. That is the real purpose. I just wanted something that looked nice, but would not distract the user from what they are wanting to do.

Back