• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review hippohost.net

- Dan

Hello,

I think it's my time to ask for you guys about my site. I paid for the design and logo. Then take me a while to coding it somehow.

So please shoot any comments bad/good, negative/positive, suggestion/critiques and other.

I am open minded person :) So I am happy to hear any words from you guys/girls.

Dan

i dunno if its just me.. but you have some random gaps inbetween the images.. that needs fixing.. and you're missing the hcl logo ;)

but otherwise its a good design, and i like the main content being in a box... shame the whole template doesnt fit in one screen. it confuses me when that starts moving.. not an important problem though

and the hippos are great :D

im a real fan!

Last edited:
i like the design and layout. i dont see any gaps, and not sure that the hcl logo is, but anyways. i think that you need to get rid or the capability to scroll left and right on the content area, and ot sure if i really loke how it is in its own little display box since the main part of the page scrolls, it is sort of annoying and confusing.

Looks good but I would maybe think of another design or something. I cant really describe it but the current one doesn't really work to well for a hosting company. Just my .02

Oh okay..
Yeah the two scrolls are bad..
Hm.. I'll see what I can figure it out.

Thanks anyway for all comments :) Appreciate that.

Can i know what is HCL? :)

Last edited:
change the first redirect to php redirect.. much faster.
I think the header should be some sort of hippo, atm its just like all the other hosts.
and also, by writing sales (at) hippohost.net and linking it as a mailto: thing, that doesnt stop spam bots at all.
The plans have small writing, might be better if the writing is bigger.
I can't see any gaps :S
other than that, very good job, well done :)

i saw the screenshot, and dont know why you are geting gaps, but everyone else isnt. sort of odd. also like themoose said, you should change your banner. the hippo head you are using right now should actually be in the header somewhere since that is the name of the company.

Oh okay...
The gaps happen because the picture hasn't loaded yet I think.
Hmm... if redesign again then will take time. perhaps next month :)
Thanks again for all your opinions :)

blue has always been my favourate color and i must say you have made excellent use of it here. very good blend of blues.!

only thing i would suggest is maybe making some of the text a bit bigger, if i look close enough i can read it all but really you want to attract adults with credit cards not little kids with no money and good vision ;-)

Site design looks nice and professional. IMO, header color looks dull, it should be slightly bright in order to attract visitors in professional way and height of header should be slightly more. Navigation and plans font properties should be attractive and highlighted more. One more thing, you should check for loading time of website first of all. All the best! :classic2:

Logo, header & navigation part are better but I think you have used too light shades of blue color you just need to change the shade(use dark as well as light shades) which will definately convert your site from better to BEST.

GOOD LUCK :cool2:

ryza said:
only thing i would suggest is maybe making some of the text a bit bigger, if i look close enough i can read it all but really you want to attract adults with credit cards not little kids with no money and good vision ;-)
- Thanks, unfortunatelly the fonts only good for small, so I put a link in each plans. But i will upadate the design for the 2nd design. Thanks again :) I like blue, especially light blue.

snakeako said:
Very nice design,just it takes long to load... (56kb modem here:))
- Sorry sneakeako, but I think you give me idea to make a page that choose 56k connection and ADSL connection. So with slow one, perhaps just details and information then the fast connection with picture and other stuffs :) Thanks again appreciate that.

RustyNut said:
i tried refreshing the page.. and loading it at diff times etc.. but i still get the gaps..
- Can i know what browser do you use somehow?

martin ewing said:
Site design looks nice and professional. IMO, header color looks dull, it should be slightly bright in order to attract visitors in professional way and height of header should be slightly more. Navigation and plans font properties should be attractive and highlighted more. One more thing, you should check for loading time of website first of all. All the best! :classic2:
- Thanks again mate for the comments, I get your point :) Yeah i was worry about loading time as well. I will try to fix this for next improvement.

euk-damien said:
Logo, header & navigation part are better but I think you have used too light shades of blue color you just need to change the shade(use dark as well as light shades) which will definately convert your site from better to BEST.
GOOD LUCK :cool2:
- Got it damien, will remember this for next design. I was asking my designer to make a site that is calm and nice to look. but perhaps too calm and make sleepy? :tongue2:

I would like to say thank you for all the comments... I will keep that in mind for next design.

Just a bit update, that front page of hippohost.net is change and have two section for slow and fast connection.

Last edited:
Back