• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please read first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by conkermaniac

There is a chance that any database will get corrupted.
But I observed that with a flat file database, it was more likely to get corrupted. I was using IB.

Hotmail Services

Free Newsletters
MSN Featured Offers
POP Mail
Find Message
Reminders
Directories

hii,

nice list..and very useful tooo..!

versiforum is not php+mysql its ASP...!

Am i right or missing something....if they have a php+mysql version..could you pls give me the pointer..??

Thanks
:)

Originally posted by ideavirus
Hii again,

eboard is cgi based..but its written php in the list...??

or do they have the php version also..??

This is a common misconception. Both perl and PHP can be run through the CGI process. eBoard is written in PHP.

On a similar note, you've got listed VersiForum in the forums system list - its ASP, not PHP & MySql - oh and you spelt it versoforum in the list ;)

Originally posted by silverstarfish

This is a common misconception. Both perl and PHP can be run through the CGI process. eBoard is written in PHP.

eBoard doesn't run through CGI either, some of the files just have the .cgi extension.

Originally posted by silverstarfish

There are only about four files with the .cgi extension. They're just data files, all of the other files are .php.
I see now, but do they need perl modules?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
I've a query though. Why won't they name it .php?

They are .cgi files because if they were .php then anyone wanting to view the data files could just type in the full path and and user data would flood the screen, but with .cgi extensions, the server tries to execute the file, which it can't, so it just returns a cgi error message.

In the future this might be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back