• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please help me with my site

ian

Hello,

I recently signed up for an adense and am trying to find the best way to implement it into my site. The thing is my site is about my photography and I'm thinking the business of the adense diverts from my photos or the chance of selling them. But they don't sell anyway, maybe for lack of traffiic or just bad design. So if people do click the adense then that's pretty good. I only made my main page with maximum adense ad's before I make up my mind and do the whole site. Do you think I should promote my site and rely on adense clicks for money? Or should I make my photos more noticable and saleble? Notice the butterfly photo on the index page, do you think it would be effective to put buttons or links right underneat that and other photos that say "buy notecards with this image" and "buy a fine art print of this image"? Here's the page by the way. http://www.iansandsphotography.com/ Any suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

Also I use paypal for my sales option, is there an easy way to add more purchase options to paypal like a drop down menu with different print sizes or image products?

Thank you!

Well if you are thinking about selling your images I would make sure every possible pic has watermarks or text over any images in the center so people just don't copy

I cant see your site.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.iansandsphotography.com Port 80

My thoughts are the ads are distracting from your site. At least the link i followed from your OP.

Personally your site looks Framed by the ads and this really distracts me from viewing your pictures. It also makes your site seem like it is just there for the advertising and not there for the real purpose which is to show your pictures.

Just my 2cents is all.

Some of your photos are even covered by the adsense ads. If your goal is to sell your photos you should focus on doing that rather than putting more time and effort in getting a little CPC money from slightly relevant adsense ads.

Back