• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Place to learn Cake PHP

raikandell

Hey guys can you name me some good tutorial site from where i can learn cake php. I dont know anything about it so a tutorial from beginners to advanced would be appreciated. :rolleyes2

Personally, I've always found the following methodology helpful:

* Create a project / business idea on paper, then
* Implement it within the coding environment you wish to use (even if you do not know the language).

This serves multiple purposes. First, by getting a project on paper, you outline exactly what you'd like to do with the language/framework you are learning. This will help you hone in on the most important aspects of the language, as it relates to your requirements. Additionally, you will learn how to practically use the framework, instead of learning JUST how to use the framework. There is a big difference.

I hope this helps.

CakePHP probably has the best resources and community to learn how to use it.

I believe there are a few great books as well if you prefer the non-digital way to learn.

Personally, I still prefer CodeIgniter as opposed to CakePHP... especially if you are a beginner ;)

Hey guys can you name me some good tutorial site from where i can learn cake php. I dont know anything about it so a tutorial from beginners to advanced would be appreciated. :rolleyes2

Download a CakePHP PDF tutorials CakePHP From Novice to Professional from this link http://www.4shared.com/document/id1FCyic/Beginning_CakePHP_From_Novice_.html
It will help you to learn everthing starting from installing CakePHP to developing CakePHP applications. Also check this video tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org/videos/tutorials it will be very helpful to you.

Last edited:
Back