• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Phpbb

Originally posted by cheatpark
Maybe there was an error unzipping it.

I am just going to go with remotely hosted ones, unless somebody finds me by some miracle one that actually works and is very easy to use. I don't have the time to tinker around with a useless piece of software.

If your host doesn't work with phpBB, then just maybe you should stop recommending them, since they can't even handle quite a well-known and widely used PHP/mySQL board.

The software was never useless, your host was.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
If your host doesn't work with phpBB, then just maybe you should stop recommending them, since they can't even handle quite a well-known and widely used PHP/mySQL board.

The software was never useless, your host was.

It is the software that is crap... crapola... my host supports PHP and MySQL. I will not stop recommending my host because it works. You are useless too because you are unhelpful. :mad:

Just stay the ---- out of my way, I like Below10host. It actually works. I just don't have the patience to get a bulletin board working.

*shrug*

You're forgetting that it works elsewhere. There are system requirements for any piece of software, your host just didn't meet them. Duh.

Maybe a simpler board would work: www.phorum.org/

*shrug*

You're forgetting that it works elsewhere. There are system requirements for any piece software, your host just didn't meet them. Duh.

My host does meet those requirements... and since when did you know they don't? Maybe I messed up on installing it, and did something wrong... I just don't have patience to set these small codes and all of this other stuff.

And there is nothing wrong with my host.

I will try that one.

My brain is sorta fried right now.... so I uploaded Phorum up...

But I need to know what to set the directory where everything is written to...

If the scripts are writing configurations to files, then those files have to be 777-if the scripts are creating files, the directory must be 777.

If the scripts are writing configurations to files, then those files have to be 777-if the scripts are creating files, the directory must be 777.

Okay, thank you sir.

I still get these file permission errors. I am pretty sure it is not my host, because I asked them if they kept their hardware up-to-date and according to them they do.

I do get a prompt, and under a pull-down menu I choose MySQL.

This is what I am getting:
Warning: fopen("************/settings/forums.php","w") - Permission denied in /functions.php on line 109

Could not open file admin/settings/forums.php. Please check the file permissions.

(I can't reveal the entire directory for security precautions.)

Back