• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Phpbb

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I still get these file permission errors. I am pretty sure it is not my host, because I asked them if they kept their hardware up-to-date and according to them they do.

I do get a prompt, and under a pull-down menu I choose MySQL.

This is what I am getting:
Warning: fopen("************/settings/forums.php","w") - Permission denied in /functions.php on line 109

Could not open file admin/settings/forums.php. Please check the file permissions.

(I can't reveal the entire directory for security precautions.)
Make sure you have CHMOD'ed functions.php correctly... The script can't open it.

Originally posted by agent007

Make sure you have CHMOD'ed functions.php correctly... The script can't open it.

I did so... so I am just going to contact my host. I am not paying $29.95 month for nothing. They said they would check it out once I told them the problem. Damn, I love this support... they get back to me in 5 minutes.

I have nearly got this forum working... for some reason the FTP wasn't working so the support did the CHMOD themselves.

I get this error when trying to add a forum:

Could not add forum to the main table (forums). Database error: Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'.

The address is:
http://glomar.net/gc/forum

hmm i have never had to chmod any files except for directorys when installing a phpboard, thats whats nice it writes everything to a db :)

> hmm i have never had to chmod any files except for directorys
> when installing a phpboard, thats whats nice it writes
> everything to a db :)

And I suppose the php boards you have used, wrote the login password and username and etc for the database, into the database itself?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by is0lized
hmm i have never had to chmod any files except for directorys when installing a phpboard, thats whats nice it writes everything to a db :)
I think you only have to chmod is when you are installing a cgi board.

> I think you only have to chmod is when you are installing a cgi
> board.

You have to CHMOD 666 (or above) whenever the install procedure/script of the forum requires write access to a file. This includes php or perl forums (if you were referring to perl when you said "cgi").

I am posting at the Phorum support forums to see what I can do about this error. Hopefully I will have everything up and running soon.

dont listen to me this is only a random post.. if im wrong shoot me

when i first saw AX names i thought he was alex kelm...
;)

Back