• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP5/MySQL5 hosting

Agum

Hi guys,

I'm working on a highly interactive web app (AJAX and all). Development is being done on php5 and MySQL5 on my machine right now, so I'd like to have that.

I'm looking for cheap hosting to start off with, anything below $20/mo will do. Because it's highly interactive, cpu usage may be higher than regular sites, and bandwidth will be moderately high too, but not too much space really. So let's say, some 200mb space and 10gb bandwidth, and most importantly, the host won't mind to host a site that is highly interactive. I don't really care for anything else, any control panel is fine, as long as I have phpMyAdmin or some ways to create db, create some tables, etc. Don't care for emails or whatever.

I know things like this is suitable for its own dedicated server, but I'm really just starting out. I do plan on moving to a dedi. server once I build up a user base (if it happens). Right now it's kind of a beta thing. I'm starting from scratch. If it gets close to say 1000 users, I'll move.

Finally, please no PMs/emails, and try not to recommend your own host, unless you really think you are *that good*!

Thanks!

might want to start with a vps actually, you will know what your resources are and give you a chance to get all your requirements met, and an easy avenue for upgrading later

Hi,
If you want you can take a look at our plans, we can also make something custom for you if you are interested. Also I can tell my colleagues to setup a test account for you so you can try how the site will start and then we can talk about paid subscription.

Good Luck!
A.

VPS looks good, I think I'll definitely get something like that, but maybe not right now. Like I said, I'm starting from scratch, it's very possible for there to be very few ppl (under 100 users..) for the beginning, and if it doesn't grow, it's kind of wasted money there. So perhaps I should be looking for a place that offers good deals on both regular plans and VPS so I can move easily when the time comes.

Thanks

Would it require 5 & 5 or is it scaleable, as in work on previous versions, or are there parts that really need both 5 versions?

It would be hard to find any host to offer those unless they have a dev server specifically for cutting/bleeding edge.

A VPS might be your only option and your requirements are quite small for space/transfer so you may get one at half your budget to start with - but you may need a host understanding enough to do the installs or have a job yourself :)

Interested to hear what happens either way.

Our server runs these Apps:
MYSQL 5.0.27
PHP 5.2.2
As Well As this PHP Enchancer:
Zend Engine v2.2.0
Zend Optimizer v3.2.0

Please Visit our site at Http://www.gotcanyons.net/hosting and choose the "Qoute You Happy" Option. Fill in your required needs and we can arrange something.

We will be more then happy to host your site until it grows so large that it starts affecting other users sites. Since it is a CPU intensive site we will be required to charge more then a normal package and expect something around the range you have qouted.

We can offer you something but we do not offer mySQL 5 but we do offer PHP5. If that is acceptable then I will contact you.

Avail's advice is good, but if you're just starting out, go with the VPS later on.

Right now, I recommend Tumble's service. Seems to suit your needs well.

Hello,

Galaxy Solutions, LLC can offer you a VPS within your budget with a free control panel (LxAdmin/HostInABox) which includes mysql 5.0.27 and php 5.2.1.

VPS’s – VPS #1
» 5 GB Diskspace
» 100 GB Bandwidth
» 128 MB Guaranteed RAM
» 256 MB Burstable RAM
» 2 Dedicated IP's
» HyperVM Control
Total Recurring: $11.95 Monthly
Order Securely Here

If you wish to order, please use the link above and then submit a support ticket with a link to this thread and we will get it setup ASAP for you. If ordering please select "CentOS - Control Panel(HostInABox)". If you require a demo of HostInABox, please submit a support ticket and we can set a demo up for you.

You can submit a sales/support ticket by clicking here.

Regards,
Richard Anderson
Galaxy Solutions, LLC

decent looking plans there Rich. Great upgrade path and options to grow.

$11.95 is well within the budget and will knock off a step in the path to where you want to go. Well worth it

Thank you very much Avail.

I forgot to say when I replied, HostInABox (lxadmin) also includes phpmyadmin as standard.

Regards,
Richard Anderson
Galaxy Solutions, LLC

Back