• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[php]Text box with formatting

wickedgenius

I'm trying to get something like what the forums are using for a textbox where someone can enter some text and click a button to make different formatting apply to the selected text. This is exactly the same as the forums but it must be able to save into a mysql text field and it needs to be in html tags rather than bb. I'm not bothered about smilies they can or cannot be included but not is better(less work for me). If anyone knows anything like this that I can download and include in my site or if someone can make one then I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advace.

fckeditor also ... there are lots, and they are called wysiwyg editors, and they are mostly found on javascript sites ....

OK thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow because I'm about to go to bed now. method does that one use html tags or bb code?

OK thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow because I'm about to go to bed now. method does that one use html tags or bb code?

HTML tags

you can edit like using dreamweaver or something. insert tables visually, etcetera. or, you can choose to see the html output and edit that way. say you already have some html in dreamweaver, notepad, or something else, you can past it in the html edit box, and click apply to have it show up, and then submit it to the DB.

http://www.widowindustries.net/admin
user: demo
pass: demo

you can see a demo there

Back