• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php not updating after php update on centos

Albertwu

hello,

im trying to update my php version to 5.2+ so i can run phpmyadmin on my server. Ive tried two different methods both produced same results. First method was to download libxml2-2.7.3 and then do ./configure, make,etc then i download php, ./configure, make install, etc. At first i had to yum install make, then a c complier cause make and ./configure didnt work before that. After everything seemed to work fine until the end when it said you may have found a bug on php would you like to submit it? So obviously the php version didnt update at all.

Next i tried adding a repo that already contained php-5.2.5 and then yum install php since centos only seems to support regular yum install up to php version 5.1.6. i did rpm and installed php and thought sweet ive updated php. Ran php -v and i am still running php version 5.1.6.

Back