• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(php) Member Profiles script?

Try it again ... maybe something timed out, or their server was down for a minute?

Thax alley! Although I will try it (I have already signed it - actually did you received any message after the completion of the application because I received a blank page when I pressed the submit button), is there any other solution that I can host in my site?

Damn! Free or $199 if I want my users to be able to upload pictures!!!

I wonder if there is a way around having to pay the $200 just so my users can upload pictures...... hmmmm

By the way http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/index.html is perfect!! that is just what I was looking for.. but I want them to be able to upload pictures...... I just can't spend that much money on a personal site... I mean it would be fine if I thought the site would ever bring in even half of that cash....

Last edited:
Anyone want to help me come up with $200 for this? I really like it, its just what I was looking for, and once it has pics it will work out GREAT!

I got it... and its worth the $200..... It can do the full community, however, I think other php community scripts are better for the myspace thing, but for profiles and smaller communitys, this is just perfect!

Thats true, you really need google, to really go after them or something to have a chance, but then they would probably just buy myspace like they did youtube, hell why not, you just have to have different qualities as a site and aim at a different market, hell look at bebo, not as big as myspace but i wouldnt exactly say that they werent successful :)

I just want to make one for my friends, and their friends, and their friends, and their friends ....... lol

as far as i know, yes, but let me ask, why do you want to make a site like myspace. competing with myspace is like competing with Microsoft or wal-mart. :S

can you write php scripts? ;)

Heylo! :biggrin2:

Who knows PHP very well?

Some people can fly through learning PHP + many others things, but others (me) cant understand it! Damn i really wish i could know PHP off the top of my head, but i cant ever see me going that way....hold me :crying5:

I design websites, i really enjoy this + its a hobbie! but i cannot write my own PHP scripts although editing them is easy (i think i speak for many there).
- Im after someone who is very GOOD with PHP and knows -exactly- what their doing, so what ever script i need, they'll know how to make it and simply get on with it! - I pay good to good work!

I did have a friend make me the scripts for me but now he hasnt got the time! :eek2:

I have 3 requests...

1. I have a membership & users online script, im after someone who can mod these so when the user logs in, they can edit their profile + add photo, then others can click their name shown in the Users Online section to view their profile.

2. I need a 'Book Online' script! My friend has her own little nail sanctuary and she'd like me to make her a website, np! but she wants a book online script!

3. My OWN advanced guestbook with Admin access!

Please note, in all of my websites i use a content script, so all these scripts have to work ok with this. (index.php?page=page_name_here)

I noticed your post there, Ablaye, are you interested?

I really hope to be getting in contact with ya! ;)

Thanks for your time!
Regards,
Simy :)

Simy,

A little off topic, but if you're really having that hard of a time with PHP, have you ever thought about taking a basic programming course? Community colleges sometimes offer basic 100/200 level C+ programming courses and the cost for tuition is cheap. Once you pick up one programming language and understand the whole concept of developing a program, jumping from there to another language is simple.

Personally, I've been designing websites for nine years and for the longest time I could do all the HTML and graphic design but programming just seemed like complete gibberish to me. I bought simple books to try to learn how to program in Perl years and years ago but that never got me anywhere. Then two years ago, I took a C+ course as a part of my physics/engineering undergraduate studies and working in a lab with a teacher just made it all click. Since then I've learned how to program in MatLAB (a programming language that is used for higher level mathematical work) and this PHP stuff is falling into place real fast and I'm really not sure why I didn't understand it before.

i have many user in my database how i can code the member area if first user logged in it will print his user information on his own page without print other peoples information

what i mean is each user that logged in print each user information on it own page.

please i need your help. Thanks
Donrule

Back