• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(php) Member Profiles script?

Yeah, well I bought 2 MySpace clones from some scammer that both don't work. So I am looking for something that works. Don't have enough money to buy phpfox at this time. Nobody wants to code a MySpace module for xoops yet so that is out too.

There is an open source social networking script that I have heard great things about ( http://ww2.phpizabi.net ) but I am waiting for their next release "Alicia" before I try it. Alicia is supposed to be real nice.

which scripts did you buy? Did you try handshakes? I got v3.

Yeah, do it up Joe! ... that would be sweet!
Can you add a few custom form fields for me like:
Favorite TV Shows
Favorite Movies
Favorite actors
Favorite actresses
About Me (bio)

Is this flatfile, or mysql?

So lets say I found a little time, ( I have an hour right now ) and you wanted me to do something, what would I be doing, attempting a myspace clone, or making a straight up searchable member profiles base ?

I just remembered something, I have something like a profiles system half made ....

http://fhars.hozter.info/

has a pretty ajax search method .... start typing hozter in the search box .... ooooohhhhh wwwwooooowwww, it would just be a case of making it multi-user, and maybe adding some image uploading things, and whatever else, that whole thing runs from html templates, and css, so if you're comfortable with redesigning straight html, I might be able to help....

Last edited:
No, I had that one from popscripts, and I don't know what the hell the other one was? ...neither worked though as they were missing files.

How's handshakes?

which scripts did you buy? Did you try handshakes? I got v3.

Yeah, do it up Joe! ... that would be sweet!
Can you add a few custom form fields for me like:
Favorite TV Shows
Favorite Movies
Favorite actors
Favorite actresses
About Me (bio)

Is this flatfile, or mysql?

It uses mysql, what do you want it to use ?

No, I had that one from popscripts, and I don't know what the hell the other one was? ...neither worked though as they were missing files.

How's handshakes?

It's really good. I think by far the best script for the price. One thing though, support might take a day or more to get at you but you only need that if you're trying to customize it a certain way. PM me if you want a demo and I'll get on it when I get some time.
Also, I've got a couple of other ones so if You got the names, I might be able to give you the missing files if it's the same as what I had. Good luck!

Joe, I too want to snag this from you.

I can use mysql, I want picture uploads, and I plan on renaming the fields you can enter into, and I would also need to add some more, but I can do that later too...

Last edited:
I checked out their demo ...it looks nice!

It's really good. I think by far the best script for the price. One thing though, support might take a day or more to get at you but you only need that if you're trying to customize it a certain way. PM me if you want a demo and I'll get on it when I get some time.
Also, I've got a couple of other ones so if You got the names, I might be able to give you the missing files if it's the same as what I had. Good luck!

I just thought of something. It would be nice to have the script make thumbnails to display rather than full pictures...

Joe, I too want to snag this from you.

I can use mysql, I want picture uploads, and I plan on renaming the fields you can enter into, and I would also need to add some more, but I can do that later too...

are you implying you want the source code to it ?

Joe, yeah I do... I mean, isn't it just the PHP that I would be changing? if not, maybe you can just make it so I can edit the PHP and not mess around with the mysql stuff...

I have a few requests I can talk to you on messenger if you like

my screen name at msn.com

We can talk price and what ever else, and maybe even a time you can get around to it, I just want to show you what I am talking about and I think it may be easier to do it over messenger.

Last edited:
Im great!!!!
Ok who wants PHPFOX???

i have a copy of this now for anyone that wants it?

Lets start at £5 for the whole thing :angel:

Im great!!!!
Ok who wants PHPFOX???

i have a copy of this now for anyone that wants it?

Lets start at £5 for the whole thing :angel:

LOL on the above quote!:lol:

I don't know if you already found what you are looking for , but what about coppermine gallery?
It's kind of a mini community and is directed toward photo gallerizing .

Hey guys,
Did you finally find anything interesting? I want my users to be able to add their photo, bio, contact details, and some mp3 or/and jpg files. If they could also update these pages, that would perfect! I don't need any kind of changes at template, colours, positions of photos, etc.
Could you suggest me something?

Thanx

I found an amazingly awesome and free remotely hosted social networking script.
Sign up, and Check it out ... I think it blows MySpace away! ... you can do so much more once you learn the sytem.
http://onmycity.com/?module=pages&act=view&id=createyourmyspace

Hey guys,
Did you finally find anything interesting? I want my users to be able to add their photo, bio, contact details, and some mp3 or/and jpg files. If they could also update these pages, that would perfect! I don't need any kind of changes at template, colours, positions of photos, etc.
Could you suggest me something?

Thanx

Thax alley! Although I will try it (I have already signed it - actually did you received any message after the completion of the application because I received a blank page when I pressed the submit button), is there any other solution that I can host in my site?

I mean a simpler solution (just for my needs)... As far as I can see, you are looking for many features etc. I need just a way that my memebers could create their own page (which all be based on the same template, etc). This page will only contain member's photo, bio, contact details, and some samples of their work (music and picture files). Anyone having a suggestion?

Back