• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(php) Member Profiles script?

Man, I'd like to get this one working. It has blogs, communities, Pms and profile but it seems to have some bugs. One thing that sucks is you can't install it in a sub directory. You have to create a sub domain with root if you want to do that so it makes it more difficult to configure. Plus the install.php file doesn't work ...has a bug so you have to manually edit the config.example file and rename it to config.php, then run the msql.txt file in phpmyadmin to create the database's tables.

I did all of that, and It still won't let me login as admin, and the stupid image verfification on login don't work either. No matter what you type in there it keeps saying invalid code.

I don't really understand it because I didn't get any errors on install. The script looks great, but don't work.

If Anybody can get this script working, let me know :)

You might want to try this one out?
It is free too. Looks like it gives users profile pages, and intregated blog ...look pretty cool. There is a link to demo on the home page.

http://linuxwebshop.com/scripts.php

I can't seem to find a place to demo that Puma...

Would it be possable to take one of those myspace clones and chop it up to fit our needs? I am not good enough with PHP to do that myself... I know what I want, but don't know how to get it..... so Any help would kick ---!

alley if you still have the stuffblog files that I made last year, there is an example in it. Just take a look at eprofile.php, and profile.php I think

That's how you do the editable profiles :p

I'm pretty squeezed for time right now, but off the top of my head, it wouldn't be that hard to make one .....

PHP:
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function editContent(toEdit)
{
	var oldText = document.getElementById(toEdit).innerHTML;
	var editForm = '<textarea id="pcontent">'+oldText+'</textarea>';
	document.getElementById(toEdit).innerHTML = editForm;
}
function saveContent(toSave)
{
	var newText = document.getElementById("pcontent").value;
	document.getElementById(toSave).innerHTML = newText;

}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div align="center">
  <table width="50%" border="0">
    <tr>
      <td width="50%"><div align="left"><strong>About Me </strong></div></td>
      <td width="50%"><div align="left"><strong>About You </strong></div></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td valign="top">
	  <div align="left">
	  <span id="aboutme">About me text</span>
	  <br>
	  <a onclick='saveContent("aboutme");'>Save</a>
	  <a onclick='editContent("aboutme");'>Edit</a> 
	  </div>
	  </td>
      <td valign="top">
	  <div align="left">
	  <span id="aboutyou">About you text</span>
	  <br>
	  <a onclick='saveContent("aboutyou");'>Save</a>
	  <a onclick='editContent("aboutyou");'>Edit</a>
	  </div>
	  </td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</div>
</body>
</html>

.... gives you editable regions on a page, which can be echoed by a php script that holds the different sections for the site, in addition, ajax can handle updating databases when the editing is done, it would be no trouble to make the plain text editor into an wysiwyg editor, and you'd have what you want...... normally I would do this for you, but firstly I can't design things to save my life, and secondly, like I sed I'm too busy, but maybe someone else can just make you what you need .....

Would it be possable to take one of those myspace clones and chop it up to fit our needs?

I think this would be a nice idea to try alley if you haven't found what you're looking for. It shouldnt be hard to chop stuff off one of those scripts. Good luck.

I dunno about alley, but I need someone to do the chopping for me.

However on the plus side, I think me and alley are after the same thing, or at lease close too....

Yeah, well I bought 2 MySpace clones from some scammer that both don't work. So I am looking for something that works. Don't have enough money to buy phpfox at this time. Nobody wants to code a MySpace module for xoops yet so that is out too.

There is an open source social networking script that I have heard great things about ( http://ww2.phpizabi.net ) but I am waiting for their next release "Alicia" before I try it. Alicia is supposed to be real nice.

I think he's got too much on his plate right now ..lol

Well honestly, I really still just want this: http://www.streetsourcemag.com/OwnerProfiles.aspx?menufrom=side

I don't even think I could afford to buy a copy of the script from them....

I can afford a little, but not a whole lot. I'm willing to go in with you to pool our money together to get what we want? Just gotta find who is willing to build us what we need.... Krak_Joe? you up for it?

So lets say I found a little time, ( I have an hour right now ) and you wanted me to do something, what would I be doing, attempting a myspace clone, or making a straight up searchable member profiles base ?

I just remembered something, I have something like a profiles system half made ....

http://fhars.hozter.info/

has a pretty ajax search method .... start typing hozter in the search box .... ooooohhhhh wwwwooooowwww, it would just be a case of making it multi-user, and maybe adding some image uploading things, and whatever else, that whole thing runs from html templates, and css, so if you're comfortable with redesigning straight html, I might be able to help....

Back