• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(php) Member Profiles script?

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
Do any of you know of an existing php script that will allow members to create a profile page? I want one that has an admin panel where I can add custom form fileds to the profile pages and have the members fill them in. I would also like them to be able to link to a remote image file so they can have a photo of them self on their profile page as well.

Thanks

yeah, but it doesn't have to be so advanced and have built in blogs or anything like that. Allthough, that would be sweet!

I wish somebody would just clone a myspace profile system one of these days without the whole community itself. I think the profile script would be nice.

I actually found one a while back that was a mod, for phpBB, or proboards or something? ... I can't remember? ...I lost page though. It was cool, made the member's profile just like myspace.

alley said:
yeah, but it doesn't have to be so advanced and have built in blogs or anything like that. Allthough, that would be sweet!

I wish somebody would just clone a myspace profile system one of these days without the whole community itself. I think the profile script would be nice.
they already cloned it, and you can get phpfox wich seems to be the best one out there right now.

No, I don't mean a whole community website script like myspace, just looking for a script that creates editable profiles.

methodcomptech said:
they already cloned it, and you can get phpfox wich seems to be the best one out there right now.

not sure about anything like that unless you want a custom script. if you want one, i will write one, but i wont be able to do something that complex for free. if you are willing to pay a little, let me know, and i will hook you up. otherwise, keep checking ezadmintools.com for some scripts, I might make a free one, or one that is really cheap. also, if you know any coders, tell them to submit their scripts to the site.

What I really want is to be able to add custom form fields to my member's main profile pages on my proboard forum. Somebody made a cool hack for proboards forums called CrossFury that lets you add custom fields to member's mini profile, but not to the main profile page, so as of now ...I guess I am out of luck?.

Thanks for the offer methodcomp, I will keep you in mind.

Last edited:
PHPizabi

alley said:
What I really want is to be able to add custom form fields to my member's main profile pages on my proboard forum. Somebody made a cool hack for proboards forums called CrossFury that lets you add custom fields to member's mini profile, but not to the main profile page, so as of now ...I guess I am out of luck?.

Thanks for the offer methodcomp, I will keep you in mind.

I was looking for the same thing and found the best thing ever.

PHPizabi is a complete online community builder.
You will love it. And it is FREE!!!

http://www.phpizabi.net
And it is open source.
And they have a great forum full of answers and support.
And Live Chat Support..

I was going to buy software till I found this.....

:wave:

Old thread back to life!!!

I am looking for just what he wants. I want members to be able to make their own profiles, upload their own pictures (like a max of 4 or 7 or something).

So really the best way to say what I want too, is just want a myspace with out the community itself. You can keep the Blogs, picture uploading, selecting what one is main display, and then fields that you can fill in with text. They don't need to be able to change colors/fonts layout or any of that stuff, but would be ok if they did.

The only thing I would like to keep is, I want to have my own header and footer. The rest of the body of the page would be fine for them to edit, but again, it would really be ok if they just only had a few places to fill in with text, and upload their own pictures...

I guess it would be ok for them to upload to a gallery, but that is later on, and not a big deal to have them get now.

I would like to have their profiles public to members and non members...maybe even searchable?

I don't want a forum. I know this would fit all my needs, but there are already enough forums on the web for my topic as it is now. I would try a community base but I would have to hack and edit it so much that I am unsure if I would know what the hell I was doing when cutting all the fat off of a stock one...

Now when you guys say willing to pay, what are we talking about price wise??? I can't dump $500 into this. Not even $100 really. This is a personal site that I am just having some local members of my club edit their own pages. Right now I have to add them. If your willing to take on this, let me know, or if you know of some good code, let me know too. We can work out some type of deal. The site its going to go on is www.brapski.com and I would really like to keep the layout kind of the same, but can work with it as needed..

Also if your willing to help me just trim some fat off of an opensoruce community script, That would help out too. We can talk price.. I know exactly what I want, but am having a hard time finding a site that is doing it right now, and may be able to tell you better through chat, or over the phone or something...

Last edited:
I have been trompin though those pages on hotscripts, but I can't seem to find one that does what I want?

I want to stay away from forums all together, I don't even want someone to think that my site has anything to do with a forum at all...

Well that is a lot closer than other links people have givin me... If I can't get something like that link I posted, I may have to go for that site...

I can't believe that there isn't more scripts out there like this.... I would think there would be a high demand for this?? I guess not...

But at least we are on the right track.... I would like to be able to list all members rather than just have a search.. The search is ok, but a full list would be better (again like that link I posted).. Also I wonder if the link you posted would be able to be modded to let people upload more than one image...?

Thanks for the good find!

Back