• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Photoshop tutorials for beginners?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Can anyone link some sites/resources for some Photoshop tutorials for beginners? Everything I've managed to find so far is a bit over-complicated (e.g. skips the "too simple" steps - not much good for a true beginner) or is missing steps altogether - or tells you to do stuff that must be from an old version and has changed.

I'm using CS3...

Many thanks! :classic2:

Just a note for any beginners like myself:

If you get stuck on a point in a tutorial, it's quite useful to Google the step. E.g. if it asks you to use the rulers to drag out guidelines, but doesn't explain how, try rewording the phrase a few times in Google until you get some good hits.

A lot of these tutorials, even the beginner ones, make some rather large assumptions about the user knowing various steps. They either skip explaining the process altogether, or just skim over it. Can be VERY frustrating!

highly recommend psd tuts. they have many good tutorials with step by step instructions. used them in the past, and continue using them now :)

If you're looking for very comprehensive tutorials about anything, Photoshop included and you don't mind spending a bit of money, try Lynda.com. It costs $30 bucks/mo, but it's totally worth it. You'll earn that money back through increased productivity a hundred fold. Good-tutorials is my favorite free PS learning resource though, so good call on that one.

Nothing could be gained with out the perfect learning, I have been using adobe photoshop when I was completing my professional degree in the Computer Sciences, I can say that Adobe Photo Shop is the perfect way to design the images.

Back