• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PhotoJerk(sic) won't give a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnERabbit

One of the few e-mails we exchanged. I've had better service with free hosts than this. The only reason I paid, which I don't mind doing.. is because I have 300MB of files I wish to share. Any help would be appreciated. Finally, I contacted PayPal via e-mail twice and they demanded I open an account for a refund. They had no problem taking my money without one. Imagine that.

--
Keith

bunnerabbit@verizon.net wrote:

>>From: "Alan <PhotoJerk.com ADMIN>" (email removed)
>>Date: Sat Oct 15 03:56:59 CDT 2005
>>To: BushyTails <bunnerabbit@verizon.net>
>>Subject: Re: PhotoJerk Support Request.
>>
>>
>
>
>
>>BushyTails wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>A user has requested support. The following message was sent:
>>>
>>>IP (Possible Proxy): 68.162.48.5
>>>IP (Possible True):
>>>
>>>-----------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Where is the link I give to others to view?
>>>
>>>Why can't I put folders into one album? I have to give a link for each folder? Where is the FAQ for using the service? Nothing but confusion. I would like a refund.
>>>
>>>thank you
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>Currently there is no way to add a full album to the albums system, you
>>add images using the albums management interface (in need of a serious
>>over haul)
>>
>>Best way to add images is to simply delete and reupload the images with
>>the new beta uploader, select to add them to an album.
>>
>>We do not have a FAQ for every feature on the site, or a 'manual' we
>>would rather spend our time making new features, besides the site
>>changes so frequently that a manual would use a lot of our time just to
>>keep it up to date.
>>
>>Before trying to obtain a refund I would suggest reading our AUP which
>>you have agreed to - www.photojerk.com/aup.php
>>
>>Alan
>>
>>
>
>You didn't answer the question of what link do I give to others to view the folders. Please give a refund or I will call my bank and contest the charge.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Keith
>
>
>
Linking to folders is not possible, you need to add the files to an album.

Alan

Well i thought they were free , so why did u pay them in the first place ? And sorry such cases are happening more often , so i doubt u will get any refund by posting it here contact bbb.com if problem is not resolved, and why not get hosting and use ur own image galleries ? and most image galleries dont have folders to link to they have categories or direct file link.

Well i thought they were free , so why did u pay them in the first place ?
According to their website:
We offer Premium accounts at $19.99 yearly. These are considered as donations. You can donate as many times as you want but you get one year from the date of your latest donation. Donations are what keep us going and FREE, any donations are greatly appreciated.

Post all you want, that is not the way to get a refund. You have a service, you made a donation. And then you go about making threats and whatnot.
We have tried to help you and will continue to try to help you. But what is the point of burning your bridges? Our site clearly states our policies on such things.

Truthfully, most people who have read the AUP / TOS and our current record would probably agree with us. You sound irrational and upset.

Nobody held a gun to your head and made you donate to our site.

I guess in the mix of many happy users, you are bound to get a bad apple here and there.

Their TOS says "no refunds" so that is it. They don't give refunds. Should read the TOS more carefully next time.

computerhelpworld said:
Their TOS says "no refunds" so that is it. They don't give refunds. Should read the TOS more carefully next time.

Correct and this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back