• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Personal opinion

saikosys

The faqs and ppls comment mostly handle the features of a site, but not much about speed and reliabilty.

Which host is THE fastest? and which one the most reliable? What do you think?

If we do mention the FASTEST host, it will become the SLOWEST in no time... so perhaps it's not "safe" to do such a thing.

Originally posted by ajz
If we do mention the FASTEST host, it will become the SLOWEST in no time... so perhaps it's not "safe" to do such a thing.

Exactly. The sooner the free host gets discovered, the sooner it will become overcrowded and slow!

Originally posted by Cracker

Exactly. The sooner the free host gets discovered, the sooner it will become overcrowded and slow!
so in that case, won't fws.net need to close down?

Originally posted by Cracker

true.. but then how do YOU discover your favorite host? sign up for every one available and test them out?

The safest way is to try one or two from the host FAQs as they have been around at least three months. (Don't go with these flybynight wannabe hosts that close down in a few days because everyone bombards them with illegal content). Then you can draw your own conclusions as to the speed. If someone here was to sign up for them all to test their speed just to give you some indication in the FAQs, then that person has no life :)

And also the test they conduct might be a false one.....one host maybe fast when tested, but 5 minutes later it may be slow and vice versa....just be thankful there is a list at your disposal to check out. Hopefully it will be updated again soon.

Originally posted by Jan
If someone here was to sign up for them all to test their speed just to give you some indication in the FAQs, then that person has no life :)

And also the test they conduct might be a false one.....one host maybe fast when tested, but 5 minutes later it may be slow and vice versa....just be thankful there is a list at your disposal to check out. Hopefully it will be updated again soon. [/B]

as a matter of fact I signed up for about 10 and there was 1 exceptionally good very fast and lots of options but they have been offline for like the past week or so... ;)

Originally posted by saikosys
as a matter of fact I signed up for about 10 and there was 1 exceptionally good very fast and lots of options but they have been offline for like the past week or so... ;)
So now you realise why their speed and reliability can't be listed in the FAQs huh? :p

Originally posted by Jan

So now you realise why their speed and reliability can't be listed in the FAQs huh? :p

I had an url once with some free webspace index with speed/reliability rating but I lost that url in a harddrive crash... :(

Yahoo Geocities :D

- Very fast & Stable;
- Also seems to have been running for a very long time...

It seems to be the safest bet...

Originally posted by Daniel

Ever since the start of the internet. :D

Really!!! :eek:

Wow...
They runned trough all this time...

Another proof of it's strength...

I say it again, safest bet :D

Big deal! Crosswinds.net has been running for almost five years now, but that doesn't make them the "safest bet" for hosting.

Back