• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

People abusing the tag system

I've changed the settings a few weeks ago so that only the person starting a thread should be able to add tags. I'm not sure if that is the ultimate solution or if we need to make other changes. Let me know.

As I can see, all the threads have the same tags. :lol: Only the title and content is changed.

I'm sorry but come on, all this tag stuff is getting downright annoying now. Can't we just remove the tag system completely Peo? Or at least disable it?

I'm sorry but come on, all this tag stuff is getting downright annoying now. Can't we just remove the tag system completely Peo? Or at least disable it?

Just ignore it. I usually ignore it. Spamming would be linking to personal websites in some way.

I forgot a tag system existed till this thread.

and yes it will die

Last edited:
Maybe there should be a sentence above the tag box explaining the use of tags.. currently every tag is useless. I don't think people understand what tags are for. They're supposed to be used to categorise threads. Eg the thread about Coica in GD has these tags
Code:
go away government, gov fail, oboma sucks, stupid government, waste of tax dollars

Yes, they're all relevant to the thread, but what does it help? Nothing. The tags should be more like this
Code:
government, censorship, coica, internet

But then again, I don't really see how a tag system would help this forum even if used correctly.

Back