• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pcwt Messenger - new instant messenger network!

Sure, here is a screeny: http://image4you.pcwt.co.uk/images/5912899.png

Note it is a completely new IM system, it is based on jabber, so you can use gaim and other programs if you want which support jabber. This client is for pcwt only.

You can;

Download new emoicon packs
Send instant messages
Create conference rooms (untested as of yet)
Add new contacts
Create new accounts using a easy wizard
Delete/block contacts
create a profile/view others profiles
Use gaim instead of having so many clients open
View Chat History
Delete chat history
View close-ups of display pics
Have tabbed convo or have seperate convos
Install a few plugins (including google search, which i installed, and it is perfect)
Uninstall plugins (good to get rid of unwanted stuff)

You cannot;

Add contacts from another network (untested, could be wrong)
Chat to people on other networks such as ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and AIM

There are 101 other features which are small and cool.

Last edited:
robert allen said:
Sure, here is a screeny: http://image4you.pcwt.co.uk/images/5912899.png

Note it is a completely new IM system, it is based on jabber, so you can use gaim and other programs if you want which support jabber. This client is for pcwt only.

You can;

Download new emoicon packs
Send instant messages
Create conference rooms (untested as of yet)
Add new contacts
Create new accounts using a easy wizard
Delete/block contacts
create a profile/view others profiles
Use gaim instead of having so many clients open
View Chat History
Delete chat history
View close-ups of display pics
Have tabbed convo or have seperate convos
Install a few plugins (including google search, which i installed, and it is perfect)
Uninstall plugins (good to get rid of unwanted stuff)

You cannot;

Add contacts from another network (untested, could be wrong)
Chat to people on other networks such as ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and AIM

There are 101 other features which are small and cool.

Hmm, since it runs on the Jabber network, shouldn't it be able to talk to people from AIM/ICQ? Like Gaim?

Please note the 'untested, could be wrong' in brackets. i COULD be wrong.

Edit: Tested myself on MSN, no notifcation = no connection.

Last edited:
you can IM people on GTalk - I didnt feel like downloading it but i added his pcwt address anyway.

Dude... This is awesome. If I were you I would put advertisment in the windows though.

This is awesome. This is the best idea i have ever come up with. I will stick an ad on the bottom of the app just saying 'made by robertallen' and 'offical site'

Robert.

great stuff, i saw some screens. I'll definately be promoting this on catch-free:)
im henry.clifford@beechaa1.pcwt.co.uk
feel free to add me for webdesign help/hiring support for catch-free of if you just want to chat:)
I suggest a couple of things.
1. add link to desktop automatically. also, in my start menu there was only the option to uninstall it, not to run it.
2. make a neater icon for it, its just some scrawly text! o_O
3. also, the program icon (you see in window bar) is a little plain, use a logo like msn:)

Overall: better than googletalk, msn, aim and trillian! simply expand the network, that is one hell of a program you have there:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your suggestions, and i cannot beat corperate monopoly by myself. I would like to have a special thanks to everyone who has downloaded it, and i would like to say thanks to my gfx guy, lewis.

robert.

Back