• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PC won't post

Kratt

my computer was running fine, and then when I went to reboot, it wouldn't start up again.

Athlon XP, 768RAM, NeoHE 430W

I unplugged all the HDD/CD, sound card, and extra RAM. my case doesn't have a PC speaker , but all the fans and CPU fans etc seem to start fine. but the monitor gets no signal.

I have also tried resetting the cmos using the jump up, but still no luck.

What does that have to do with OP's problem? WGA reminders happen after the user is logged in, far far away from POSTing. Microsoft doesn't want the pirates' OS to die slowly, they want to make it painful, reduced functionality and all that

actually there was an issue with XP bootlagged editions, that after time you would reboot and cause the system to no longer load, had over 40+ clients bring there machines in to be looked at :), made a killing on Xp licenses that month lol..

Other then that, try and boot the drive and make sure the os files are there and are in tack, nothing changed...

I have a tech here looking into the problem for you, so probally tomarrow night after I get home from the shop I may have an possible answer :)

actually there was an issue with XP bootlagged editions, that after time you would reboot and cause the system to no longer load, had over 40+ clients bring there machines in to be looked at :), made a killing on Xp licenses that month lol..

Other then that, try and boot the drive and make sure the os files are there and are in tack, nothing changed...

I have a tech here looking into the problem for you, so probally tomarrow night after I get home from the shop I may have an possible answer :)
Really? I've been running pirated windows for years now.. still on original xp, no sp1, no sp2 ;)

To the OP: I suggest using a different video card, your onboard one may not work anymore.

Ooh, a security risk.

Are you stupid? XP gold has been out for 5 years now. Legit or not, not installing the service packs is not a good idea.

you may want to make sure everything is seated on the MB correctly ie RAM sometimes that can cause video issues as well..i doubt if its the OS because from what i understand hes not able to get past post which is seperate from MS boot process...

Just a suggestion, you may want to check the RAM because I've had several experiences where the computer won't POST (just black screen upon turning on, while fans and stuff run) due to bad RAM. And others have also mentioned other possibilities like motherboard, onboard video, etc.

Just a suggestion, you may want to check the RAM because I've had several experiences where the computer won't POST (just black screen upon turning on, while fans and stuff run) due to bad RAM. And others have also mentioned other possibilities like motherboard, onboard video, etc.

Did you see that the 20/24 pin connector is completely seated to the MB. It may not be much, but I remember when I installed this third HD in my system, the weak plugin (seating of the plug was prevented already by a capaciter on the MB) came out just a little bit, enough to break connection on four of the pins.

Back