• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Payment Types

Witch is the best?

• Total voters
For people to pay you? correct?

Hmmm... I like Paypal, since its the fastest for most people. IMO
But I accept any others if you don't have paypal.

Most of the users do opt for paypal, but some countries doesn't encourage it. Then the other alternative would be credit card.

I voted for paypal.. But really it is both credit card and paypal - since paypal does take credit cards. but I do have some companies that pay me by check.

Thanks,
Adam

Would definately agree with credit card and paypal, i selected paypal as i can collect many currencies under one account, My cc processor changes them all at horrible rates!

I never heard of these payment gateways:
AlertPay
AsianPay
StormPay

Not very pouplar, should of put E-Gold, Western Union, and etc.

Paypal is nice, unless you have a billing problem. If something happens, paypal will NEVER admit to being wrong. I have heard alot of horror stories. They favor the client over the company in almost all situations. Which can translate to bad news bears for a web host.

Credit cards are the way to do it. Easy to manage via billing system, no hoops to jump through, easier fraud verification, less expensive.

paypal is fine but it always seems to take more time spent per transaction vs a cc transaction. CC is just smooth sailing

CC Pro allows that, direct CC payments, it's called a merchant account, using this method allows both with only one API to take into account :)

yep, we have a merchant account of course. I just hate going through all the billing system for orders/invoices and then having to pop over to paypal to do more work. I would rather have it all in once place without double verifying paypal transactions went through

You can tie it in with some of the popular accounting packages as we do, so it's just reconciliation really.

Having the ability to accept most of the major forms of payment is the best way to go as your business begins to grow. Paypal is a good source to begin with, but a true merchant account in addition is the best route in the long run.

Back