• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Passwords

roblev

Have you guys ever left a GAPING security hole in your website by not changing the God (in phpnuke) or other default administration passwords?

Did you just do that?

I (almost) always remember to do that, mainly because the readme or installer script always reminds you to change it.

Back up your edited files and do a reinstall.

Or did you already change your password? :confused:

Actually it was me. I was kinda surprized you didn't cahnged it. I emidiantly changed it, and removed all rights from the God account.
[edit]
When I installed it

Originally posted by gyrbo
Actually it was me. I was kinda surprized you didn't cahnged it. I emidiantly changed it, and removed all rights from the God account.
[edit]
When I installed it

I thought it would of been you! Evil! EVIL! Anyways, I also changed the password and stepped up security EVERYWHERE. Hmmm, now I have to find a way to implement logs of all administration activity. I was trying to find the IP, but no luck, ah well... wanna tell gyrbo?

haha, all of you are the same.

actually i have dsl and i have a dynamic ip (but my computer is on for about 2 weeks at a time so it doesn't change much)

Originally posted by Epgs
haha, all of you are the same.

actually i have dsl and i have a dynamic ip (but my computer is on for about 2 weeks at a time so it doesn't change much)

I have a static IP! Yay!

I have CABLE! But I just have a dyn IP. Plus my ISP blocks port 80, grrrr. The only problem is that it's the only cable provider, and ADSL is waaaayyyy slower.

Originally posted by LastActionHero
I have a hunch Meow was the hacker!
I'll sue you! And rshinji too. :mad:
OK, she is, ahem, using a Swedish product but c'mon... :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Back