• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

P2H Companies

tlchosting

I was looking for some feedback from the current P2H companies out there.

Is there a high demand for P2H?

How do you manage your P2H? I.E scripts or manual

When it comes to posting for the hosting do you find there is a lot of abuse on your forums? I.E spamming or similar

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

P2H is only in demand if you, yourself are well known and liked on other forums. Why? this inspires clients to think that "oh look this guy is, I can post on his forum andget free hosting - what's there to lose" but when you just bluntly advertise p2h hosting, I don't think it can go too far. But that's just my theory.

Personally, P2H hosting isn't that in demand. People usually like the no strings attached free hosting. Alot of people do use it though, it gives them some way of hope knowing their site won't be closed due to people not funding the host in anyway. Not like P2H does.

If you want to start a free host where you wont be subject to much abuse and gain people who are happy polite and "Good sould" I would go post2host every time.
Regardless of demand, because its simply better and you dont rly want to attracted abusers or fund ungrateful people, do you?

I found when starting a post2host its hard but if you can find 5 people it will take off pretty quickly...

The worst thing about post2host is starting it with an empty forum.
Maybe pay some people to post real content on your forum to make it look active, then people will flock to it.

Post to host is the best quality management system ever invented to date.

http://thehostingtool.com/download and ipanel seem to be the most popular billing systems with P2H but I highly recommend getting ads on your forums at least to help to pay for it. You want your p2h to last and you have to have proper management to run it right as well. One person would be better in my opinion so that disagreements don't happen.

Starting a post to host site is the hardest part, because people need a somewhat active forum to motivate themselves to keep the hosting. As another user mentioned, pay some users to generate a fair amount of content and discussions in order to get the ball rolling initially.

We have had almost three or four P2H programs, We discontinued them when we have no free slots for non-paid accounts, we have given a few VPS servers (very small) to students (local campaigns in Argentina and Colombia, in universities and schools in general), Reseller accounts for design companies and hosting accounts for a lot of variety of web surfers.

Usually we see the same user who is registered with us, having accounts elsewhere in forums with the same style, thats funny :p its like the same mass of people hehe

I guess there is no a guide for this, to be honest the hardest part of this was that you must have a lot of time to prepare the scripts and the whole system, I think that is what takes longer. As we are not a free hosting company, We do not worry too much if we do not get a lot of users, our goal is not growth, is simply open the program and that people who need the space, go and take it...

http://thehostingtool.com/download and ipanel seem to be the most popular billing systems with P2H but I highly recommend getting ads on your forums at least to help to pay for it. You want your p2h to last and you have to have proper management to run it right as well. One person would be better in my opinion so that disagreements don't happen.

I have never heard of ipanel, thanks for that I think I will look into that one. But it seems like P2H is not as popular as I thought it was.

I believe P2H only works when you have got great plans. I mean for someone supplying hosting of say 5gb for probably even 10 posts per month, this can be annoying. Where you have got good companies providing hosting of 5gb without any p2h, why would someone come to you to post on the forums?

So I personally feel a P2H company should supply at least 8gb of free space.

Positive:
- P2H gain traffics & fans for your site.
- At least users can try as a trial before turn to paid. But the chance are very low or mostly impossible if they stick to your free or post offer too much.

Side Effect:
- But p2h forums cause user's posting behaviour different than normal forums. Because it make users post for host rather than post normally.
- Once you equipt p2h or free offer you'll lose your name for paid hosting. Why? people will start to think that host is free hosting site rather paid hosting site & they'll fear for how much can you last your service.

It's double edge sword. This your homework before decide your move.

P2H is not to popular now, especially when giants like x10 are offering post-free unlimited hosting (insane, but they manage it)

Back