• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Overselling, and why i'm sick of it.

WMSpecialties said:
Good Question, I am not sure. We use hardware to manage and load balance our internet and it is the most accurate I have seen.

I maintain two datacenters, 330 West St, NY, NY and College Rd, Princeton, NJ.

I've seen bandwidth and never assumed it was inaccurate.

My personal Hosting Servers, I tend to believe are accurate. Especially with one customer pulling down over 75-80gb per day.

I think the main problem is people offering unlimited reseller accounts, thats y so many people offer massive packages

purawebs said:
I think the main problem is people offering unlimited reseller accounts, thats y so many people offer massive packages

Yes this is the biggest problem. If these kinds of accounts were banned, hosting would be much more controlled and of higher quality.

Reputable hosts should keep a record of there uptime and response time, which i am going to set up. As bad hosts will have bad marks

yes, most huge oversellers crash becuase their cpu can't take anymore of them trying to cram 1000 sites + on a 600mz cpu. (over exageration but you get the point)

Back