• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Our new suspension/ad/inactivity system

macaws

Hey,
We're working on a new system that will be very useful in proving how active users are. It includes not much work for us or the users, and provides them with more control over services. The users must log into the forums every 2 weeks to prevent suspension, and to unsuspend themselves they can go to activate.***.tld. There will be two buttons: Unsuspend and remove ads. To be unsuspended, they will type in their username, a captcha, and then the TOS will show up and ask them to accept (to ensure that they are kept updated :). Since we hate ads, but need some form of revenue, we will have automatic ads on all accounts unless they go to the remove ads page once a month. That page will be similar, but without the TOS. Once the account has been "activated" They will be given 30 days without ads. The last few days they will be emailed informing them. The warez scanner will run once a week and suspend the accounts beyond control of activate.***.tld and will instead email us to investigate. This system will be very useful, since our new hosting plans that we will release some time next month will attract lots of customers. Anyone have any other ideas? I thought it would be cool to share.
Thanks
Mason C.

The system sounds like an excellent idea, I might incorperate your idea within the system I've created! (of course giving you credit for the idea =])

Mason that is good idea, in any way those guys do not wait for your monitoring service and once it will be created they will start working on the ways to skip that.

Hey Guys,
RSmiley, its been a long long time! (IzFree being the last)
But anyways, The scanner is not too CPU intensive according to my sources. I can not tell publicly what it does, for fear of people figuring out how to get past it :p But maybe we could use a common system. It consists of:

-cPanel (cpanel.net)
-Some ad plugin with an API (on the cPanel forums)
-A mini PHP script that can unsuspend and remove ads (Working on)
-A warez scanner (Created by a friend)

So overall, if you all have cPanel, its not too hard. I am not sure what your main interest is, so I won't go into big detail :)

Hey Guys,
RSmiley, its been a long long time! (IzFree being the last)
But anyways, The scanner is not too CPU intensive according to my sources. I can not tell publicly what it does, for fear of people figuring out how to get past it :p But maybe we could use a common system. It consists of:

-cPanel (cpanel.net)
-Some ad plugin with an API (on the cPanel forums)
-A mini PHP script that can unsuspend and remove ads (Working on)
-A warez scanner (Created by a friend)

So overall, if you all have cPanel, its not too hard. I am not sure what your main interest is, so I won't go into big detail :)
The suspend and unsuspend feature should be relatively easy by using the cPanel API

Back