• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ouch! More Starbuck's closings! NoNooOoO!

it is like anything, the more expensive it is, the better it must be, but, that is not always true. if i was to buy a versace shirt and a hanes shirt, and wore them both an equal amount, doing the same activities, the versace shirt would be ruined before the hanes shirt. i would rather pay for a $5 hanes shirt over a thin, easily ruined, overprices versace shirt any say. same with coffee.

Hi!
It all boils down to priorities and taste. In my case..budget also comes to play due to my other habits as well. Although I do not mind parting with whatever for a decent pound or two of coffee..I have other things to fill in in between.

It's a treat..and if I had it everyday..it would not be much of a treat, eh?

>>>The Bear: Welcome fellow WHT refugee! ;)

Bryon

I'm not "bear" from WHT... you know me better as "Douglas". I'm just biding my time (and trying to not do fluff posts) to get my "restrictions" up so I can do my fancy sig, hahaha.

Hi!
Just because I brought my WHT username with me here does not mean others choose to do so. I just knew you came over from WHT..and would share your name over there (as you did) when (if) you felt like it. No big.

Anywho..welcome! :)

>>Oh! Coffee related. I frequented Whole Foods a few years ago but I do not remember trying "dancing goats". I have had many of their in-store roasted coffees, though.

Even broke down and tried Peets(?) and was disappointed. I will admit I've had Blue Mountain ($50/pound)..and didn't really care for it as well.

Bryon

Last edited:
Bryon, Dancing Goats has only been out for about a two years now. It was introduced into Whole Food's coffee section about a year or so ago, maybe slightly longer. It's packaged coffee, comes in while bean or already ground, regular or decaf. Definitely not cheap ($12-14 dollars for a 12 ounce bag), but very much worth the cost, especially when used as a "treat" type coffee. I actually prefer D.G. over anything and everything out on the market, even professional grade espresso drinks.

As I said, it's definitely a very unique and distinct taste, but once you get used to the smell (absolutely heavenly) and the taste, and don't drink it regularly, you'll really appreciate this rara avis delicacy. :)

Hi!
Expected. :) After all..they don't call Whole Foods "Whole Wallet" fer nothin!

Ohhhh..they have some wonderful things there, though. Worse yet..they give you free samples of things you can't possibly afford. $14.00/pound French Gruyere Reserve cheese..heavenly.

Hmm..they don't even list it on the website. I did find this, though:

http://www.americanfeast.com/product.php?productid=16150

Interesting..I just found:

http://www.teddingtoncheese.co.uk/acatalog/chwire/Issue10/cw10.htm

Of course..you really, really have to like cheese..;)

>>One more thing..Boar's Head has something similar..and cheaper..but it is not even close to what Whole Foods got me hooked on.

Bryon

Last edited:
Hi!
As if. Not even close. No DD around here either anyways (mmm..blueberry crumb cake donuts). We'uns gourmet folks have to import all fancy stuff.

Homer Simpson mode: Dooughnuts!

>>>Woohoo!! Yours truly just signed up for "Starbuck's Rewards" and got a free drink coupon.

Buh-ya!

Bryon

Last edited:
No starbucks closings around me...living in a city with a big university they would be nuts to close :p

I think we have like 3 starbucks and about 20 little coffee shops around :S

I on the other hand prefer to go and get a soda. Not a big coffee fan :p

Too bad they couldn't have just called in a napalm strike on all 600 stores at like 9 am. That would be far more spectacular and it would also have drastically decreased the population of metrosexual yuppie douchebags.

Too bad they couldn't have just called in a napalm strike on all 600 stores at like 9 am. That would be far more spectacular and it would also have drastically decreased the population of metrosexual yuppie douchebags.

:lol: I still stand by Starbuck's isn't coffee, since it's not normal coffee, it's fancy drinks that happen to just contain coffee beans. Etiher way there's this little coffee shop by the university, they do a darn good Moca. I'd also like to support other local coffee houses rarther than going to Starbucks.

We have a shopping center about a mile away from our house called the Edgewood Retail District. There's a Starbucks in Borders, Target and Kroger. These stores are ~500 feet away from each other. Plus, there's a Carribou and another coffee house in the same shopping center.

This country loves its coffee, dontcha know? ::laughs::

Hi!
Blah. To each his/her/it own. ;)

I happen to to like it..thank you very much.

In fact..I just got some Mocha Fraps at the store today! Ahhhh.

Bryon

My personal quest is to decimate every Starbucks worldwide in a hope that the pretentious douchebag population inside is very high.

Consider it a preppy cull.

It will be foamy and dangerous

Back