• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[ot] Forum Installation From Web

And if you haven't got a hosting account to install it on, just get a board via ezboard or a similar service (you'll have to put up with a lot of really annoying ads)...

Yeah, there are tons of remote hosts. HostUltra isn't a very good example. They use Infoboard, which is incredibly buggy and unstable. Anyway, you can find some at my website (look at signature) but you can just check the Sticky thread. Murat took all the hosts off my site and added it to his list.

hostultra has bad support for their forum hosting, i e-mailed them a few times and never heard back...

Originally posted by SilverX
hostultra has bad support for their forum hosting, i e-mailed them a few times and never heard back...

Why am I not surprised? This is HostUltra after all. :rolleyes:

Most remote hosts are more reliable than HostUltra. I would go for ezBoard if you want absolute reliability (but you can stand ads). Nowadays, free webpage hosts are cracking down on message boards. I don't know why resource consumption would be any better for a message board host specifically, but it seems like they have been continuing on for quite a while without any noticeable drop.

how much bandwidth/resources does it take to host a forum, like this one, how much bandwidth is used each month?

Back