• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opinion on a host...

Savant

I've been shopping around for a host and I think I have found one that suits my needs. Now I'm curious if anyone has used them before and/or what they think of the following package.

- 10 GB Monthly Transfer
- 250 MB of Webspace
- 75 MB SQL Database
- PHP 4.0
- ASP (Active Server Pages)
- Telnet/SSH Access
- Frontpage Extensions
- RealMedia Support
- Shoutcast Support
- Roger Wilco Support
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited Email Forwards
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Free Domain Transfer
- Free Site Move
- Web Access, Log Files.
- No Setup Fees.
- No Additional Costs.
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
- Get setup within 15 mins.
- $5 per month

Their site is http://www.elitezoo.net/

Thoughts?

Regards,

Savant

Last edited:
Looking at those prices, they probably have their servers located in a 'zoo' ... maintained by monkeys and zebra's to cut employee costs ... :D

Anyway, they can never offer you 50gb for only $5 a month. They probably oversell their servers, hoping that not every client will use the 50gb of traffic.

I think we need to be fair here. Comments based on their name aren't really helpful to me. :confused2

EVERY host oversells their servers. If it is not oversold then it may as well be a dedicated box. No one can afford to sell product and then automaticaly assume that each client will use the max anount of storage/bandwidth. So long as they deliver what they promise, I don't think it matters if they oversell.

Technics, you said Interland Data Center. Is that good or bad? I don't know of it personally.

Regards,

Savant

Personally i havent had any dealings with Interland for a while but i hear horror stories about them, you may want todo a search on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ in regards too interland.

As for overselling, We don't oversell our servers. Firstly we dont stick hundreds of virtual hosts on a server and hope they dont bring the server down too it's knees. We stick on average around 100 customers on each box and as for bandwidth each time someone buys a package of us say a 30gb package we subtract that from the allotted amount we get per server. If you buy so much bandwidth and webspace then it's only fair that it is allocated to you and not 30 other accounts :) If we are in danger of going over our bandwidth which we haven't once in our history of trading we will buy the bandwidth at our own expense.

I do believe that you made a mistake when showing the plan for £5 on elitezoo though. They actually provide 10gb Bandwidth for $5 per month. i can't find anything on elitezoo.net that says 50gb bandwidth on virtual hosting plans on on Dedicated plans.

This company is being discussed at another forum:

I quote:
Just checked out the website. No About us Information ? No Support Information ? No Network Information ?

Take it with a pinch of salt, but be very careful.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Technics
I do believe that you made a mistake when showing the plan for £5 on elitezoo though. They actually provide 10gb Bandwidth for $5 per month. i can't find anything on elitezoo.net that says 50gb bandwidth on virtual hosting plans on on Dedicated plans.

He didn't make a mistake, I went to the site myself and saw 50gb on all packages, they probably changed it between our visits and yours.

As for the overselling, I do not find it a normal way of business to oversell. Like any other product or service, you can only sell it once, not twice or more. I understand some webhosts have a traffic "left over" without overselling but they were paid for it, weren't they? In my opinion overselling sounds like selling air and can jeopardize a server.

Funny this should happen. I actually had emailed the host with concerns over too much bandwidth allocation in the ads just yesterday (I wondered if he took that all the bandwidth into account) and perhaps he listened to me.

Don't get me wrong folks, I agree that a host should have to deliver what they promise, but I still don't think that when you purchase a package that it means the host can't share the bandwidth not being used with others.

Bandwidth costs MONEY to the host, and so long as he doesn't DOUBLE sell the bandwidth (resulting in slow connections) then I would rather him oversell and pass on the savings to remain competitive. Most people are probably in the same boat. If I wanted a host that would guarantee the bandwidth then I would probably shop for a dedicated box as well. However, that's just not in my budget.

This company is being discussed at another forum:
Where? Could you pass on a link please?

Regards,

Savant

Back