• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opera, Free Registration (today only)

Bruce

NLC
In case anyone hasn't heard, Opera is giving out free registration codes for their 10th anniversary today.

http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml

I never used Opera because of the ads, but I figure I'll give it a try now. I still love Firefox, but I figure I can at least check Opera out.

//edit

Hmm, perhaps this should have gone in the computer forum... move this if you want.

I really love my firefox and nothing will change that with the products that are out now. I have never really found a love for Opera, and even a free reg. code doesn't entice me. Feels kinda bloated.

Because of this offer, I gave Opera a try. I like Firefox better. I guess after using Mozilla/FireFox for a couple of years, it's hard to change. :confused2

I still think opera is really BIG. Also, I couldn't figure out how to get a simple feature working - the status bar. First I couldn't get that admittedly awesome "loading" bar back down to the bottom of the page where it belongs (it was replacing the address bar when a page was loading), and then I couldn't figure out just a plain 'ol status bar. What they called a "status bar" didn't work as I expected to (it didn't display the destination of any links I hovered over.)
I'm not switching any time soon.

in my opinion it has more options then it needs..hence people get turned off by all the different menus etc

if they reduce the features not needed in the browser and maybe make them addons you can download

I never used it due to the adverts also so this is a great thing grabbed it there time to give it a try but it will need to be top notch to beat my FF :)

Hell I gave my email address and they gave me a page asking me to choose my OS but I couldn't click on anything.

Back