• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opera 10.5 Alpha

I'm using 10.10 now, have been since the update came out. Was using 10 from the first beta. Still love Opera.

Opera is good, i have a great experience with it both on pc and on hand-held. But when i upgrade my pc from vista to windows 7 it start creating issues, images cant load properly, slow browsing etc etc, i also tried its other version but still remain some problem. After all i have to uninstall it completely. I still miss it.

I decided to use 10.5 for a bit. Don't like it. I like the obvious speed increase, but the style has changed too much for my liking.

Now theres the Beta, i love how you can change the opera logo next to the tabs into the navbar like the old version, speed is fast, but i found a bug that pisses me off.

Okay, from version 10.5, to 10.51 there seems to have been a DRASTIC change in style? I'm still not comfortable using it, but it is growing on me. I'm keeping both versions of 10.10 and 10.51 on my desktop. I miss the unique style and "feel" that Opera had in all of its previous versions. 10.51 has threw all that out the window and has seemed to mix a bit of Chrome and Firefox into it, and more "Windows-esque" style properties.

When going through the settings I noticed they have doubled the default values of the connections to servers, and the maximum connections to 18 and 64 respectively, isn't that a bit... high?

I like Opera and just downloaded the latest version recently.

I've discovered 3 "bugs" with it, though.

1) On my Hotmail account, certain newsletters don't allow me to forward them. I press Forward, the message comes up blank. In order to send them, I have to open another browser (such as Firefox).

2) If I happen to open a PDF, it crashes EVERY time when I close that tab.

3) Images randomly won't load, but will load perfectly in Firefox/Safari. (I haven't tinkered with the settings yet, this one might be an easy fix).

Overall, though, I'm really liking it, and if I could just fix these couple of problems, I'd never use Firefox.

I don't know about 1 with Hotmail, but I've never had a problem with Mail before. The other 2, with #2 I've had that a few times, but that was in the old version, of 9. Recently it hasn't crashed once. :/

I have to give it to Opera, its much better than previous releases. However, it just doesnt have the flexibility or speed of Chrome in my opinion..

[ih]Demetris;1097890 said:
I have to give it to Opera, its much better than previous releases. However, it just doesnt have the flexibility or speed of Chrome in my opinion..

It's faster than Chrome. As for flexibility, I guess I'll have to give you that one, but there's a lot of features built in including a greasemonkey of sorts (which in turn will give you flexibility).

Drastic Style Change?

Okay, from version 10.5, to 10.51 there seems to have been a DRASTIC change in style? I'm still not comfortable using it, but it is growing on me. I'm keeping both versions of 10.10 and 10.51 on my desktop. I miss the unique style and "feel" that Opera had in all of its previous versions. 10.51 has threw all that out the window and has seemed to mix a bit of Chrome and Firefox into it, and more "Windows-esque" style properties.

When going through the settings I noticed they have doubled the default values of the connections to servers, and the maximum connections to 18 and 64 respectively, isn't that a bit... high?

On my machine it apparently decided to update itself. I'm one of those users that gets grumpy when you combine an autoupdate with a drastic style change!

Where are the settings to make it look "Classic"? I'm not sure I even see a menu bar.

Click the Opera logo, go to Appearance and change it from the Default to the classic or whatever it's called.

Also click the opera logo and towards the bottom click 'show menu bar'. Then change your skin in appearance.

Back