• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Online Tech Support

BananaMaster

Hello,

I've been thinking lately to start an online tech support website. Where if you have a tech problem then you could start live chat with someone in the Tech Support chat system, so someone could ask you something like: "I need help installing a program" or "I need help removing a virus" and if they can't do it over chat then the Support repersentive could then start a Remote Desktop session with them. What do you think of then idea, do you think people would use a service like this.

I wouldn't. That's just replacing those bot voices on the phone with text. IMO.

I would first Google for support.

Then if that doesn't work, call up the manufacturer.

If that doesn't work, then I'll probably try your website.

So it's sort of the last place I'm gonna try.

That service isn't free, as what I am hoping to set up is a free service. It will be run by volunters, etc.

Be VERY VERY careful and get trusted people.

Also look at http://www.chatstat.com remote assistance and livehelp program. There awsome expensive but talk to the owner via livechat he can probably set you up a deal if its non profit maybe even donate.

Back