• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Online designer products

sofy60

Online designer products

Im interested in finding out if any of you use web designers that are online like a site builder type product. Or wether you use software like frontpage or dreamweaver.
What percentage of the public do you feel would need an easy online designer?

well, beginners would prolly use site builders provided by their host, and if they're serious enough they will go to WYSIWYG editors like dreamweaver, and then if they get really serious about it, they will use notepad :)

I don't like products like Site Builder, etc. We installed it on one of our servers a while back hoping to help some of our customers who didn't know much about web design. This worked against us and in fact increased our support overhead. We were getting lots of questions about the basics : what is this? what's that? how do I....?

As babatak said the best route is notpad > dreamweaver. If you don't know the basics, then using online tools are not going to be much help. (well in my opinion)

WebMate said:
I don't like products like Site Builder, etc. We installed it on one of our servers a while back hoping to help some of our customers who didn't know much about web design. This worked against us and in fact increased our support overhead. We were getting lots of questions about the basics : what is this? what's that? how do I....?

As babatak said the best route is notpad > dreamweaver. If you don't know the basics, then using online tools are not going to be much help. (well in my opinion)

yea i agree..even if the site builder come with a help menu, few would even use it..they would just start asking tons of questions.

if you really are going to come with a site builder, then my suggestion is to have a really good FAQ :)

Back