• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

One Time Pay Hosting

ibo3x

Hello,

I see on the internet few of One time payment hostings.
And If you can give me some list of other one time payment hosting.

thank you

Yep, Sander nailed this one. You can't stay in business as a one time pay host. Doesn't make financial sense.

Yep, Sander nailed this one. You can't stay in business as a one time pay host. Doesn't make financial sense.

One time pay hosts, usually are those fly-by-night host who just wanted to take the money, and close down at the 2nd month.
And then after some time, they will reopen and redo the scam again.

Yeah, one time hosts are generally bad. Large upfront and the no service afterwards.

Yeah, one time hosts are generally bad. Large upfront and the no service afterwards.

It is still consider as "OK" if the server is still up.
So far, these one time payment host, will just close down the server after they take all the money.
I am surprise that there is still people dare to use these kind of hosts.

Thinking of paying a small sum of amount and run the website forever?
You better do your backups more often then.

It all depends on the operating term though.

If someone only wants their site to be up for a year, they could easily pay for just that year with it known in advance that when the year is over the site is to be taken down.

Now pay once and be hosted for life, you're guaranteed to get scammed. Servers don't magically stop costing money to have once they reach a certain age, the host still has to have income from somewhere.

I think you're all missing something here. How is this any different than a free host, but with a one time sign-up fee? If somebody can develop a successful free hosting business model, then why wouldn't a one time fee just sweeten the deal?

I think you're all missing something here. How is this any different than a free host, but with a one time sign-up fee? If somebody can develop a successful free hosting business model, then why wouldn't a one time fee just sweeten the deal?

I think this is related to the theme that if a junk host is gonna run, "at least" if it's a free host you can grumble about no money being lost. However I consider the security angle more dangerous, in that if I gave credit card info out to a 1-time-fee host, and they ran, then you'd have to watch the bank angle. In my project I already saw one operation deliberately disguising "hosting" as a spam-email collector. Something didn't sit right so I only supplied one of my Third Tier emails, so when it eventually tanked I wasn't in too bad shape.

The "one time fee" idea COULD work as a step between 100% free hosting and full blown paid hosting, but I think it comes down to a matter of the buyers doing their homework and weeding out all of the dirtbags, kiddie hosts, and the people who don't know what they're doing. People need to KNOW who they're dealing with. Know the history behind the name and the people you're about to do business with. Know where the servers are, who's in charge of them, what datacenter is used to house them, etc. In addition to that, nobody should be offering any kind of hosting at all unless they have a business model developed to support it. Period. Regardless of whether is it 100% free, one time fee, paid hosting, or whatever.

Unless it is a hosting which comes free with a domain purchase.
Or else, it is hard to convince people that a pay-one-time hosting is not a die-anytime hosting.

Back