• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

One-time fee host...

bitsmart

I posted this question a long time ago, and I don't think I got any good answers, so I figured I'd give it a few months then ask again. Are there any good paid domain hosts who charge a one-time fee for ad-free hosting? Basically, all I need is a reasonable amount of space (20-30 megs), a reasonable amount of bandwidth for my media files, PHP, CGI...etc. Thanks!

There are two that I know of:

1. http://www.nomonthlyfees.com.
- These guys are great, despite what others may say of them. They are on real speedy servers and their tech support is incredible. Ive been hosting with them for 2 years now without a hitch. Note: they do charge $35/year for the domain name...kinda silly but its still lots cheaper than getting a monthly host.
Oh, they offer:
200mbs, cgi, ftp, ssi, php4, unlimited Pop3, and 5gig transfer, and a personal IP - which is getting harder to find these days.

2. http://www.nomonthly.com
- they suck, but I put them here for completeness.

Anyway, thats my two cents if you want to go the one-time fee route...

I will vouch against anyone who says they are bad. I have used different hosts, and they are by far the best, and have by far the best offering...

:confused:

For nomonthlyfees.com: Do you have to pay the full $200 and $35 every year after if you already have a domain name you want to use?

You know Im not too sure. First of all, if yu pay within 10 days, its $185. Also, I transfered in my domain 2 years ago, and I have never gotten the annual fee, so I cant really tell you what their policy about it is (2 years ago, they didn't have that annual fee).

My guess is prob yes after one year. However, to be honest, I would rather pay 35$ a year for a domain than 10$ for the domain and $15/month for the hosting. After about a year and half, you start saving money!

unsure of it

I checked out http://www.nomonthlyfees.com, which
looks very good, but im unsure about one thing..
it saids you can use your own cgi-board, but
if its harmful, it will be shutdown (only the board)
what types of boards would be more likey to be harmful?
I guess what im asking is which are more likey
to use more-resources than others??? Im sure they
all use resources, some more than others..

I think one person said they use nomonthlyfees.com
now, anyone else? how long you been hosting with them.

(is it ok to ask without breaking the board-rules?: whats the worce problem you've had with them so far?)

Doteasy.com Question:
is there anyone who has or is using this place now?
how long have they been online, offering 'cost-free-banner-free hosting'?

How much bandwidth do they offer? I can not find that
info online, if someone uses them now maybe they can
tell me. Im only looking for 3-gigs at most per month
right now.

[Edited by cleggo on 11-11-2000 at 06:35 PM]

Re: unsure of it

Originally posted by cleggo
I checked out http://www.nomonthlyfees.com, which
looks very good, but im unsure about one thing..
it saids you can use your own cgi-board, but
if its harmful, it will be shutdown (only the board)
what types of boards would be more likey to be harmful?

UBB (uUltimate Bulletin Board a.k.a. InfoPOP is a cgi based board. Much more cpu intensive than say, this board (vBulletin), or the other php/mysql boards.

If you can use a alternative to a cgi board, I'd do that anyway, since this board and ones like it, are faster.

Bitsmart, I might be able to help you out on this. I would like to keep it private so Email me at webvicinity@hotmail.com

[Edited by Synergy on 11-13-2000 at 09:34 PM]

Ohhhhhhh, cut me one very small break. Like he's going to reply to a clown that wants to 'keep it private' who uses a Hotmail addy. Yeah...right! Pretty impressive host you are.

Daddy...buy me a server!?!?! Pleeeeeeease!!!

Sorry, I'll have to agree with Ron on this one. If I'm going to pay for webhosting, I really want to go with an established service with a good reputation. I'm not knocking on your services, but "keeping it private" doesn't exactly reel me in.

Back