• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ok, so who was it?

wswd

Premium
Premium Member
Couldn't help but notice a small-scale DDOS attack on our main server, coming from some server in the Netherlands...looks to be a VPS. Had to be either some host from here, or another forum, who was probably angry at being provided with a daily dose of the truth.

It was all of a constant 10mbps for the past 3 days. ROFLMAO! Sorry, but I have to make fun of you for that. It was so weak that our firewall didn't even pick it up as an attack. Just looked like normal traffic. I just happened to notice it in the bandwidth logs by mistake. 200GB in 3 days? Some of our servers go through bandwidth like that in a matter of hours.

Seriously, who was it? I have to laugh at you and your server publically.

Embarrassing...

I am from the Netherlands, but it wasn't me. Our servers are located in Germany and Belgium.

I am sorry to hear that you got attacked.

Some of the would be attackers are pathetic, a public slapping with a wet fish is too good for them really.

I mean you can sort the silly sods out now just using a mobile phone, their mums need to get them hobbies :D

Bet that wasted most of their own bandwidth :p. Half the kids these days get angry at the smallest things...

You should contact the ISP that IP is registered with. They could probably tell you more or at least suspend that account/server. It was probably a kiddo thinking he/they can take you down. :)

HostAnime, yeah, I have contacted their provider, but of course haven't heard anything back. If I don't hear something back in the next couple days, I'll plaster their name all over WHT. That usually seems to get a response these days.

I'm sure it was just some kiddie offshore host, who I beat down for hosting warez or illegal vBulletin or WHMCS or such, and they were angry. Ah well.

Sadly ISP's don't regularly check their abuse@ email addresses (or they don't care). I've had similar experiences in the past but no one ever replied. Hope you'll sort it out somehow.

10mbps huh?

Not sure what is funnier that they thought it would take your site down or that it took you a couple days to notice it :p

Oh well hope you find out who it is...

10mbps!?
From 1 IP only?
And the kiddo only DoS from 1 node!?
Seems like is some kid who only afford to buy 1 small server with unmetered port.
LOL

I recall when we had plenty of spam coming our way in November that there were a good size number from an ISP originating in Amsterdam. So I'm almost certain this may have nothing to do with any members at FWS. Just malicious spammers who are aiming at Free Website hosts or related hosts in general.

Back