• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Office 2007...The Last Straw/WinMo Alternative?

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
I have had it up to here with this cruddy software.
2777021.jpg

It has taken over my computer in all senses of the world. This is a copy of Enterprise I borrowed from work and really I ONLY use Outlook and thats for the simple purpose of having somewhere to Activesync my Windows Mobile phone to.

Anyone have any good alternatives to not using Outlook but still being able to sync a WinMo device? I don't need email sync, only Calender and Contacts.

OpenOffice.org, but it uses Java so can be very slow...

I'd say downgrade to Office 2003, but I'll tell you now, I run Office 2007 Enterprise, and it's not supposed to do that!

Im running office 2007 and don't have that issue...:S if you have a windows mobile phone why not get exchange hosting? :p

As far as an alternative that will work with active sync I don't know of any :S

WTF, it shouldn't do that.
openoffice is all I have on this PC, works good enough for what I do.

I believe you can choose which components to install for Office 2007. So just choose Outlook.

That is one complete install, pop the CD in again and go through the setup removing all but Outlook for a customised install, should clean it up but you might be left with one or two bits extra.

The funny thing is, while that was a "complete install", it was the Microsoft Updates that did all the funky language stuff. i had it just install whatever it thought was Crucial, and apparently all those languages and every packs were "Crucial". I have never seen something so crazy in all my time using Microsoft Office.

No worries, I think I am just going to reformat the PC here anyways, and see if I can stand the slowness of Open Office. I use Office programs so rarely past Activesync, so I may just see if I can avoid MS Office all together.

Reminds me of this.
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/141821.asp

Bill Mother----ing Gates said:
So now I think I am going to have Moviemaker. I go to my add/remove programs place to make sure it is there.

It is not there.

What is there? The following garbage is there. Microsoft Autoupdate Exclusive test package, Microsoft Autoupdate Reboot test package, Microsoft Autoupdate testpackage1. Microsoft AUtoupdate testpackage2, Microsoft Autoupdate Test package3.

Someone decided to trash the one part of Windows that was usable? The file system is no longer usable. The registry is not usable. This program listing was one sane place but now it is all crapped up.

But that is just the start of the crap. Later I have listed things like Windows XP Hotfix see Q329048 for more information. What is Q329048? Why are these series of patches listed here? Some of the patches just things like Q810655 instead of saying see Q329048 for more information.

What an absolute mess.

Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Xubuntu, etc. then get OpenOffice. :S Although Ubuntu comes with Evolution mail.

As much as I'd like to follow, I need windows for Flash CS3, until ReactOS comes out, stable.

Back