• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nuke.to is closed!!! I thought it was just moving server, but I was wrong!!

Trust me, they are gone!

They said that they are moving server, but I got an email from Webbie (the site's owner) saying that the site is closed and that he would refund the money to members.

Another cheap host just bite the dust.

I also think they are gone. They had a forum at http://nukecommunity.com/ hosted at another host as a backup forum when they had downtime. Now thats also gone.

I had a trial account with Nuke 3 months ago. Webbie seemed to be a honest guy, but he had the host as a second job and because of that the whole thing was quite unprofessional in my opinion.

I was hosted by them for a month, and now I'm one of those who got the refund and needing a new better host now.

During the month period of hosting by them, they had all these server downtime from intersever.net, and now this new server move didn't work out. They were suppose to have the new server ready by Dec. 4-6th and now it's the 10th. I email Webbie, and asked him what's the problem, but he didn't response. Then in a few days I e-mail him again asking for a refund, and he almost like immediately responded and gave me a refund. Well, I guess nuke.to is over.

it is okay. Nuko.to refund to you all, right?

And that answered why they do not give me any reply about new account about three weeks ago.

Hoax

Well, the owner claimed to have signed a 12 months contract with cheapunixhosting and paid for unlimited plesk license, but till now, we all know what he did.
The weird thing is that query emails weren't answered, but mails asking for refund were answered almost immediately.
Some people saw it coming, while some (including me) didn't, and wasted our time. With that attitude of the owner, nuke.to wouldn't have survived for long, and it didn't.

I visit Nuke.to and I get a Plesk Plackholder ... maybe their not down just yet ... just really lazy :p

Well I hope those people that we dumped by nuke.to find bettr places to host .. I would for sure hate for that to happen to me or any of my clients :(

Nuke.to is dead. I got a mail today saying that they are down forever. :( I hope I can find a host as good as nuke.to

Ex-Employee/Slave

Yep, Webbie closed it down. I was the sysadmin there until like a week and a half before they closed down... And I didn't find out until I saw this thread.

If you were hosted by them, email iwebbie@yahoo.com with your username/password/domain name and he'll refund you.

In case people start thinking of conspiracies, etc, no one was ripped off. Webbie started it with the intention of hosting websites, not taking people's cash. Mind you, I dunno why I'm defending him... Half of my 'payment' for looking after the server was a free hosting account... We can all guess what's happened to that.

Josh

Re: Ex-Employee/Slave

Originally posted by joshie
Yep, Webbie closed it down. I was the sysadmin there until like a week and a half before they closed down... And I didn't find out until I saw this thread.

If you were hosted by them, email iwebbie@yahoo.com with your username/password/domain name and he'll refund you.

In case people start thinking of conspiracies, etc, no one was ripped off. Webbie started it with the intention of hosting websites, not taking people's cash. Mind you, I dunno why I'm defending him... Half of my 'payment' for looking after the server was a free hosting account... We can all guess what's happened to that.

Josh

Hey Josh,

I remember you. Yeah, you were the sysadmin there and was quite helpful. Later on there was an additional helper by the name of Serena (I think) and she was helpful also. But then later on Serena got into an arguement with Webbie reguarding the constant changing policies that Webbie made. If you follow up with the nuke.to forum there, then you know what I am talking about.

Actually, I thought nuke.to was a good host because they provide good tech support through the forum. But this out of business thing came as a shock to me because they were planning to move to a new server and Webbie had said that the new server is faster and more reliable. I never knew it coming at all.

Back