• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Now it hits home

There was a shooting similar to this last week roughly 15 doors away from where I live. Two weeks before the house was also petrol bombed. It's all from rival gangs and drug dealers. You wouldn't think it but this area used to be totally perfect, now it's a ---- hole.

These stories always make me grateful that I live in the most dangerous city in Canada and it doesn't compare in any way.

These stories always make me grateful that I live in the most dangerous city in Canada and it doesn't compare in any way.

Indeed... I'm very lucky to live where I do.

Ben, I hope nothing happens to you or your friend. Tread softly.

Indeed... I'm very lucky to live where I do.

Ben, I hope nothing happens to you or your friend. Tread softly.

I appreciate it, but nothing's going to happen to me. I've managed to carefully craft relationships over the last few years to where people that I'd prefer not dislike me don't.

Dynash: Yeah, that's how it happens. This neighborhood used to be a lot quieter. I mean, there's always been crack and gangs, but they left 90% of the people here alone and kept it out of the public eye. Over the last 6 or so years it's blown up.

Update: The shooter was taken in. It was some 18-year-old wannabe gangster. The driver was also taken in. Unfortunately, that was also one of my friends. Nick Sheffey is in a medically-induced coma the last time I heard. I haven't been able to talk to his brother for obvious reasons, and even if I felt like going to County I don't think he'd want to talk about it anyway.

Jordan: Yeah, I'm going to do just that. I'm hopefully going to move soon to a nicer area ... the last time I thought I was around July 2009, it turns out the townhouse my dad was about to buy was being foreclosed on, so that fell through.

[RANT]

But if I could just get a damn job that paid anything I could. I actually got turned down from a job today because of where I live and the guy had the balls to tell me it was because of that. He was even hesitant to bring me in for an interview when he saw my address on my resume and looked it up to see where I live. It's ----ed up and I never thought it would happen to me, but it did.

Actually, that reminds me of another story from last month. I was in another nice suburb where my mom lives getting my hair cut, and an old white lady in a nice new Cadillac El Dorado slams her car door into mine right after I parked. I rolled my window down and said 'Lady you need to pay for that' only to be told I deserved it for parking too close. She closes her door and starts up her car. I get out and step in front of her car while I dial 911 to stop her from driving away and the lady DRIVES AWAY ANYWAY. Through me. I was able to get off to the side before she full-on rolled over me so I wasn't hurt, thankfully, but I ended up punching her hood in the middle of it all while yelling "Stop!" as my personal way of saying "Lady you're about to kill me".

The cop that got out there was a ----. He saw my car (----ty condition), saw on my license where I lived and kept asking me why I was out there. "What are you doing here? Do you work here? Why did you come here?!" in that order. Finally I got him to listen to what happened.

Two days later I went to the precinct to get the full report and he left out the part about me getting hit with a Cadillac. The report read like I ran up to her car and started punching like the hulk as soon as she dented my car's door. I kept reading and they're in the process of convincing her to file Simple Assault (for 'threatening her') and Criminal Damage (for damaging her car) charges against me (by some miracle they didn't immediately file and are leaving it up to her). She's being charged with nothing. Not even for leaving the scene of an accident. Her story was that she thought I had a gun.

I went to talk to a judge in the magistrate court about it and he laughed in my face. Said he wasn't going to sign the paperwork to have anything done against her. Told me he doesn't know why I bothered to go in.

[/RANT]

Last edited:
dude, i have one even worse for you man. not to "one up" you or anything. i was skating in old town scottsdale with 2 friends. (short version of the story) i got hit by a lady in her tahoe while on my skateboard, she made an immediate u-turn adn tried to leave. my two friends and i stopped her. she called the police so, we figured we would just wait for the cops to get there since there was no point in us calling too. (big mistake #1) anyways, the cops get there, send me to the hospital and arrest my two friends. then the cop comes to the hospital to give me a ticket. the woman didnt get anything. the cops only listened to her story (complete lie) and nothing my friends had to say. i got charged with disorderly conduct and criminal damage. (the hood and front headlight got messed up when she hit me and sent me flying 6 feet in the air)

after being lucky enough to have a witness that saw everything and my lawyer making her mess up her story on stand cause she was lying about how it all happened and fighting the case for a year, we all got the charges dismissed. she tried to have 3 innocent men thrown in jail and prosecuted cause she didnt want to fess up to hitting me and trying to flee the scene. thats pretty messed up in my book.

after it was all dismissed, i tried to get a lawyer to take my case against her to make her pay for my medical bills, and no lawyer would touch it cause they said since i was originally being prosecuted, they would have almost no chance of winning the case.

so, if there was a witness for what happened to you man, find out and fight the charges, otherwise, you are screwed bro. my witness is the only thing that saved all of us. good luck bro.

Just wanted to update-

Nick died yesterday at the hospital. 3 people have since been booked for murder. One was a friend of mine as well.

Just wanted to update-

Nick died yesterday at the hospital. 3 people have since been booked for murder. One was a friend of mine as well.

sorry to hear that bro. better off to pass than to be a vegetable though. hope you are ok man.

This is why I like New Zealand. Stuff like that just doesn't happen here. And if it does, the police aren't total ------s.

@ Ben: I'm sorry that he died. That's really messed up.

Back