• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

noreply@ email accounts

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I am sure at one time or another we have all gotten email from a company that is from a noreply web address that is not monitored.

What I was wondering is, does anyone know how to set one up, to where you can send an email from it, but it wont receive emails?

Thanks.

just set noreply@ as the reply to address

a lot of scripts that send emails dont require a smtp account even so you could just set it and it work.

just set noreply@ as the reply to address

a lot of scripts that send emails dont require a smtp account even so you could just set it and it work.

Well that is what I am currently trying to figure out, what scripts I can use for it.

Right now I either send out email from outlook or my forum, but either way if they click reply it will come to me.

Code:
<?php
$to      = 'nobody@example.com';
$subject = 'You received an email message!';
$message = 'This is a message in the email body form.';
$headers = 'From: noreply@example.com' . "\r\n" .
    'Reply-To: noreply@example.com' . "\r\n" .
    'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

This will send an email with the subject "You just received an email message!" body: "This is a message in the email body form."

It's quite simple to do :)

Code:
<?php
$to      = 'nobody@example.com';
$subject = 'You received an email message!';
$message = 'This is a message in the email body form.';
$headers = 'From: noreply@example.com' . "\r\n" .
    'Reply-To: noreply@example.com' . "\r\n" .
    'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>
This will send an email with the subject "You just received an email message!" body: "This is a message in the email body form."

It's quite simple to do :)
Well just by doing that, they could easily reply to it, and I would get it, and then just not reply to it lol.

Which can be done, but I just thought that there was some program or something that did this, because I know a lot of companies will mass email people all the time with noreply email addresses

Then I am confused again. I realized noreply address wouldnt exisit, but how would you send an email from an address like that.

It is using php sendmail thus it does not require a login. If you really wanted to you could use that script to send an email to someone from @microsoft.com or @apple.com [not advisable tho]

So in reality that script is sending out the emails from a non existent address. Kind of like sending a letter to someone via the post office with a return address to a empty piece of property. The letter still gets to them but if they try and send it back there is nothing there to send it to.

It is using php sendmail thus it does not require a login. If you really wanted to you could use that script to send an email to someone from @microsoft.com or @apple.com [not advisable tho]

So in reality that script is sending out the emails from a non existent address. Kind of like sending a letter to someone via the post office with a return address to a empty piece of property. The letter still gets to them but if they try and send it back there is nothing there to send it to.

How can I set up php sendmail? I have two guys who could help me if it is to confusing for me (not all that technilogically advanced).

You could simply write a form in HTML, and have it submit data to a PHP mail script (similar to what stuffradio posted) for mailing. Probably the easiest way out.

Back