• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nokia E71 email issues

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I live in the USA. My provider is Straight Talk Wireless. I have an Nokia E71 with them.

The thing that is irritating me, it keeps downloading OLD emails that I have deleted long ago, or recent ones that I have downloaded. How can I make it only download the new emails?

If you are using some other email client, you have to set the message delete settings to remove deleted emails from the server completely rather than just "marking" them as deleted.

Tools --> Account Settings
Select the email account in question and then click "Change"
Click the "More Setting" button in the lower right corner of the window.
Click the "Advanced" tab.
Under the Delivery section: Clear the check box for "Leave a copy of messages on the server".

Tools --> Account Settings
Select the email account in question and then click "Change"
Click the "More Setting" button in the lower right corner of the window.
Click the "Advanced" tab.
Under the Delivery section: Clear the check box for "Leave a copy of messages on the server".

That worked. Thanks.

One last question...I use outlook obviously at my home office. With that being said, will it download new messages to both my outlook and my Straight Talk Blackberry?

New messages will be downloaded in the first location that requests it.

Last edited:
New messages will be downloaded in the first location that requests it.

Thanks a lot. I appreciated it. I would have called Straight Talk, but none of their CSR's ever understand what I am saying to them. I have no problem with foreignors, as I have good foreign friends, but I think it is their phone systems.

Dislike to bother you, but I have a slight issue. I did exactly what you recommended, but now, it will only download to my cell if my outlook is not open. If it is, it won't download to it. Then when it re syncs itself, it deletes the read emails on my cell, although I never marked them for deletion.

I guess you're talking about the default email client . That can retrieve upto 30 emails at a time .

So it's not your phone that's acting wierd , Nokia set it to be so .
Take my advice , buy ProfiMail from LCG , you will not regret your decision . It's got a 30 day trial , you can see if it's what you need .

A free but less featured alternative would be Mail for Exchange(subject to compatibility) or Emoze or Morange .
Try them all out maybe and find one that suits you best .
Regards...

Last edited:
Back